"It's fine, okay, let's go now before happy hour ends."

"Happy hour my ass" I said as I grabbed my coat and put on my shoes again. "Okay children, go to the car."

"Yes mother." Maddie said as she hopped out the door.

"Mother is mothering." Conner shouted down the stairs, echoing into the empty hall.

"First don't say that, that's for Taylor swift." I yelled and looking behind me seeing Ravi looking at me. "Are you going to come or eat all the protein bars?"

He blushed and threw the wrapper away. "Sorry, I was just thinking about the case."

"Back at you Ravi, This case, confuses me.. maybe a break will do."

"A break?" Ravi looked at me as him and I walked out together, walking side by side, "that's too much for our dearest Sarge."

"Oh shush." I said pushing him playfully.

"Come on mum and dad!! Don't want to be late for our tea session with grandma and grandpa!!" Maddie yelled making people who is walking near look at us.

"Mom and dad?" I said furrowing my eyebrows. I then realized what she meant and I looked at Ravi, "Sorry about her. Can't keep the leash on her."

He smiled and laughed, "Back into your seat!" He shouted at Maddie.

"Yes sir!" She yelled back saluting.

I smiled at him and realized what the hell i was doing.

Fuck...

"I'll drive my car, Their isn't much room." I told him pointing to my car.

He looked in the car and looked back at me. "I forgot.. I can come with you. If you are comfortable-"

"Of course your fine too.. tell them that your coming with me." I told him and grabbed my car door.

I got in fast and then breathed in and out. I felt so nervous. I shouldn't. Why should I? I feel like I'm sweating bad.

I start the car and wait as he talks to them. He turned around and opened my car door, and got in.

"Sorry, they were asking where it was, I sent it to them." He told me putting his seatbelt, "Buckle up Sarge."

I looked down and forgot I wasn't wearing one. "Shit, I forgot.." I grabbed the seatbelt and then buckled up. "Ready?"

He nodded and I backed up and headed over to the streets. This car ride may be awkward. Possibly. definitely. 100 percent.

————————————————

We headed in the diner and we were quickly sat down at a booth.

The restaurant looked very retro and seemed as if I time traveled. That was really cringy to think but when I look around, it seems like I did.

The waitress came over and asked us for our orders.

"Can I have a coke and a all American burger please?" Cara says looking at the waitress. "Say are you dating any-"