Epilogue

I grinned widely as I took my bow, the tutu sparkling under the bright lights of the stage. My chest rose and fell from the exertion and exhilaration as I curtsied gracefully.

This year's production for the Winter Waltz was The Snow Queen, played by yours truly. My arms were covered in blue glitter and glue that the teachers had spent hours working on. Thankfully, none of it scraped off.

Beside me, Casillith – who had gotten the main role of the young girl in the story – beamed as she held her bouquet of lilies. I smiled as I received mine.

Then, we took off our head gear. Casillith was holding the scarf that had been tied around her head, Mckayla gripped her tiara (she had been casted as the princess), Julia lifted her black mask, and I dislodged the snow crown from my head.

Spotting Eli in the audience, I tossed my crown to him and the rest of the girls did the same, their costumes landing in the audience somewhere. I smiled as he blew me a kiss in return.

Once the curtains fell, I rushed back to my dressing room, eager to change and get to the hall where my parents and Aellius was waiting.

I swapped my stiff tutu for a white dress with a long, simple, satin skirt. After wiping the glitter and make-up off, I checked my chignon in the mirror before leaving for the party.

ϗ                          

"There's my evil queen!"

I giggled and ran for Eli's arms. He lifted me up and spun me around, pressing a kiss to me lips before releasing me.

"Well done, darling!" My mother beamed.

Dad had an arm wrapped around her waist and was smiling brightly at me and Eli. He nodded – a slight inclination of his head as he sipped from his flute of champagne.

Then my sister rushed forward, tackling me to the ground.

"You were fantastic!" She screamed over the music. I just laughed and hugged her tighter.

At that point, I only wanted to embrace her forever and never let go, but a timid tap on my shoulder denied me that.

Fixing a huge smile on my face, I turned to find Austin Summers standing before me in a suit that made him look smart. My heart pounded as I let out a sob, shaking my head. Aussie you little demon.

"Hey, don't cry," He grabbed my shoulders, his thumbs brushing the tears off my wet eyes.

I grinned, my gaze still watery.

"I can't believe it's you." I breathed, a hand cupping the side of his jaw.

He chuckled, "I missed you so much – I mean, look at you," Austin lifted my arm, making me to a turn. "You look so beautiful, Andy."

I blushed furiously and Eli's arm snaked around my waist, pulling me into his side.

"If I didn't know better, I would have you on the ground bleeding your nose off." Aellius joked, stroking my hair as I collapsed into his side.

Austin shrugged, "I had my chance, but she's yours."

I looked up to find Eli's warm eyes on me.

"I know." He leant in and kissed me.

ϗ

The days after the concert were a blur, filled with endless daydreaming about my possible future careers. Julia, Casillith Mckayla and I were incredibly emotional, knowing that our last Winter Waltz had already come to pass. We spent most of our last days together, hanging out in the studios and at the school's recreational sites.

Then Mckayla and I were called to the Principal's office for the final time.

He looks at Mckayla first and hands her a crisp white envelope.

"Congratulations, my dear, the Atlanta Ballet, and the Boston Ballet called. Both are willing to employ you as a Corps de Ballet and I am sure that you'll have a quick promotion to Demi soloist if you work hard."

Mckayla lets out a squeal and hugs me, then she calms down and fixes her grey stare at the Principal.

"What did Andy get?" She is practically bursting out of her seat.

Chuckling, Principal Bryon pulls out a slightly thicker envelop and my eye bulge. I could not believe my good luck. A giddy grin sprawled across my face as Mckayla shook me by my shoulders.

"She has been accepted by almost all the companies in America and a few others worldwide. However, I have helped you to narrow down the choices, picking those that are offering you a better position. I would especially recommend the Company of American Ballet, they are offering you a Soloist post – much like Eli's agreement."

"Well then," I caught Mckayla's smirk. "I think I know where I'm going."

We stood and I shook Mr Bryon's hand, and so did Mckayla. Then with a few well wishes, we left.

"I'm going to miss that old man." Mckayla sighed as we walked back to our dorms.

I smiled, "Yeah, I suppose we will."

ϗ

"Ten minutes to curtain! I need Romeo and Juliet in the wings now!" Mark calls, a headphone set wrapped around his head.

I hurried up and arrived shortly after Eli did. Smiling, I waved and so did he as Veronica and Zion arrived, all ready and warmed up for the performance.

"Next time," Eli whispered in my ear, "That'll be us."

Then we ran out onto the bright stage. 

۝

Hello dear readers,

This is the end of Soloist. Thank you for all your support, this has been a wonderful experience for me and I loved every single character so I hope you loved them as much as I did.

Thank you for reading!

Catherine