The Swordsmith Pt.1

Start from the beginning

"Tell me that you didn't actually think that your public humiliation was the extent of our punishment?" Icy mocked as she appeared right behind her. 

Lucy jumped and turned, stepping back towards the open doorway of another classroom opposite of the one Darcy was standing in front of. 

Her back presses against something warm and large, knocking her to the ground. She twisted and gasped at the sight of a massive yellow ogre blocking her last avenue of escape

And then Ghouls of all things appeared around all of them, growling and circling her, like hungry wolves stalking prey. 

"W-What do you want?" Lucy demanded as she got to her feet, fists raised. 

"Oh, loser Lucy." Stormy cackled, her eyes shining with hatred. "What do we want?" Her face became absolutely bloodthirsty. "We revenge." 

"No one blackmails the Trix," Darcy added, her tone calm, but her face expressionless. 

"No one will interfere with our plans." Icy's posture widened at the same time her sisters did. "Least of all a pathetic, covenless bitch with dreams of being a pixie." 

Lucy flinched, her anger rising. She summoned her magic to her hands, her power crackling. "I'll expose you all! Do you hear me! You'll rue the day that you messed with me!" 

The Trix and their creatures laughed mockingly. "How cute. You've got bark, but do you bite?" 

Lucy responded by charging up her magic. 

"What are you going to do? Blast us?" Stormy mocked. 

"No." Lucy's eyes met Icy's. "I'm going to escape." 

"How?" Darcy sneered. "You're surrounded. 

Lucy sneered. "Idiots." 

She blasted the floor, and it crumbled beneath her power. Gravity took hold, and then she was free-falling, smirking up at the stupefied looks on Trix's faces. And then she was flying, speeding through the halls on the floor below, racing to escape. 

Icy's knuckles whitened. "What are you waiting for? Cut her off!" 

Her sisters and Knut shook out of their stupor and rushed off. 

Knut found Lucy first. She ducked under his swing before she sent a blast of magic right into his back. He flopped to the ground. 

Lucy then took off, not waiting for him to get back up. Around the next bend, she encountered Stormy. 

The witch created a force field, just barely withstanding the massive barrage of lightning bolts that exploded over her. 

Stormy cackled, gathering more lightning in her hands before blindly shooting it into the smoke. 

A beam of sickly neon yellow-green energy shot out of the smoke, blasting her in the chest and knocking her into the wall. Stormy growled, getting to her feet as Lucy sped off again. 

Down a flight of stairs, and she was face-to-face with Icy. 

"You betrayed me," she spoke in a deadly whisper. "Humiliated me. Exposed me in front of the whole realm. You will pay, Isobel." 

"No, Lucy," Icy's tone was colder than her breath. "You threatened the lives of myself and my sisters. It is you who will pay dearly." 

"The hell I will!" Lucy unleashed the strongest beam she could.