10) Rising up to see a moonlit night

(Context: this happens in the middle of the night after Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji went off to bed in chapter 8)

"Wei Wuxian..you demonic shit! Go back to your hellhole!" The masses cried and yelled,it was obvious they wanted this man dead.

Wei Wuxian looked around,panicked,wasn't this the past?! He looked at the masses realizing they did not shout directly at him,but another..his past self.He even saw Lan Wangji in the crowd! But it seemed that even Wangji sent past Wei Wuxian a death glare..He was sure this was a nightmare.

(I will call the wwx and lwj in this nightmare,Wei Ying and Lan Zhan)

"Augh,another nightmare? What the fuck?" Wei Wuxian groaned and complained in this hellhole of a nightmare,he deeply despised nightmares.Out of all things he could've seen tonight,he just had to see this! He could've seen unicorns flying damn!

"Pfft! What hellhole are you talking about? Can't you see this world is just a huge hell for all of us? Man,you guys are like the guardians of hell! Can't even spare the innocents." Wei Ying coldly exclaimed with venom in his tone,he was serious about this.Wei Wuxian cried due to cringe.

"Wei Ying,you have gone too far." Lan Zhan stated,1 from the mass,1 to also betray Wei Ying,this made Wei Ying's heart hurt,he knew Lan Zhan hated him..but why did it hurt so much? Did he not have a reason to hate Wei Ying? God in the past he had teased him,fooled him,and made fun of him! This is what he deserves,no?

"Lan Zhan,shut up! They have gone too far too! Do you not know? THEY BURNT WEN QING,KILLED WEN NING..MERCILESS AGAINST THE WEN ELDERS AS WELL! INCLUDING A-YUAN YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE..!" Wei Ying raged on,Lan Zhans eyebrows seemed to twitch when he heard that the 4 year old boy,A-Yuan was dead,in disbelief.

Wei Wuxian realized how inaccurate this was to the actual memory of him being massacred in nightless city,god A-Yuan did not die,Wen Qing did not burn,Wen Ning was still alive.In the actual story the masses just cursed out his name as others who believed in him helped him fight them off.Just as Wei Wuxian started to wonder how inaccurate this nightmare was,he woke up,completely dazed.

"Hm..eh,it was a bad dream,it's okay if I woke up from it..!" He whispered to himself,not wanting to wake up his husband.The 2 were currently cuddling,Wei Wuxians head under Lan Wangjis chin,Lan Wangjis tail wrapping around Wei Wuxians body,and Wei Wuxians tails being fluffy as ever.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Wangji asked from above,that startled Wei Wuxian making him shiver a bit.

"Aiya,Lan Zhan?! your awake..? Gosh I thought I was quiet,oh me.." Wei Wuxian complained,Lan Wangji was used to his fox complaining a whole lot.

"Mn. Been awake for a minute." Lan Wangji stated

Wei Wuxian pitied his husband,this happens often,though Wangji tells him to not worry.How could he possibly not worry when he constantly wakes up his husband late at night? Augh,he might as well get wrinkles from how much he worries! Dear Xie Lian,if he had a dollar for everytime he felt bad for Wangji he'd be richer than all of the famous good cultivatior clans combined!

"Ah..I'm sorry Lan Zhan,god I feel as though you'd still be sleeping even if it were with little apple,but if it's me,you'll wake up from the slightest noise!" The man exclaimed,showing no regret in his words.

"Cannot sleep without Wei Ying though." Lan Wangji stated,this was a true fact.Neither one could sleep without the other,which is adorable. (Daily reminder that probably 90% of you readers are single)

"Oh yes that's correct,Hanguang-Jun must be so brave to sleep with the great Yiling Patriarch,hm?" Wei Wuxian said as he looked up at Lan Wangji who looked into his eyes,his misty grey-blueish eyes.He treasured Wei Wuxian like a precious jewel,wait no.His Wei Ying was worth much more than just some jewel of course.

Wei Wuxian sat up,getting into a more comfortable position,so did Lan Wangji,sometimes people joke around how Wangji should've been a puppy rather than a dragon due to how clingy and obedient.Though of course that would terrify Wei Wuxian.

"Lan Zhan..would you still love me if I were a donkey?!" Wei Wuxian randomly asked,Lan Wangji's eyebrows twitched for a second at the question.

"Wei Ying..I love you but as a donkey,that is weird." Lan Wangji stated,of course it would be weird!

"Waaaah,the great Hanguang-Jun strikes again! I am in disbelief,oh how I am dying at his cruel words.." Wei Wuxian cried as he were to be a dramatic one,he fell back onto Lan Wangji's chest from how,"cruel" he could be.Of course not to worry this was an act.

"Mn." That's all Wangji spoke before patting his Wei Ying's head,it was rather relaxing with the fluffy ears twitching and moving ever so often,Wei Wuxian felt pleased.As his Lan Zhan was taking action with that,he decided to grab Wagnji's smooth dragon tail,divine like a jade and stared at it,he thought Wangji was blessed with handsomeness.

"Lan Zhan,Tell me,why did you fall in love with the troublemaker?" Wei Wuxian questioned,he had never got a direct answer from this,

Lan Wangji averted his eyes away,he was a shy one with this question.Wei Wuxian chuckled and smiled at his shyness,acting like a girl who couldn't confess to her crush.Lan Wangji looked back at Wei Wuxian,opening up his mouth.

"I thought Wei Ying was interesting..I had never met someone so willing to tease me,humiliate me,and fool me so many times despite my cold aura.Well other than shufu and xiongzhang of course.After all the times you had helped me,I thought i found you as an ally,but no,it was love.I found you as the love of my life,the one who would make me smile in delight.." Lan Wangji Said and then paused,looking for more words to describe how he fell in love with Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian was listening closely,ever so curious in this subject.Lan Wangji noticed how desperate his husband was to get a full answer,so he continued with his words.

"My junior years were when I was oblivious to my love to you..I wanted to deny the fact I fell in love with the troublemaker who troubled my whole clan.But later on,I accepted the fact I had fallen in love with the great Yiling Patriarch.I wanted to help you,guide you,hide you away from the cruel world..just because I fell in love with you,Wei Ying.That is my answer." He finally finished his answer,Wei Wuxians ears perked up at the excitement of finally getting an answer after years.

"Ah,finally the fuddy-duddy says why he loves the oh so scary Yiling Laozu! I can finally rest in peace!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed as Wangji nodded.

The 2 talked some more,being so affectionate with one another until after about 1 hour,they decided to go to sleep again.They ended up cuddling per usual,I mean all of the Lan Clan knew they couldn't sleep without each other,so why wouldn't they cuddle tonight?

(Authors note: that's the end of this chapter! Hope it wasn't too short)

Word count: 1286