"Fine." I snarl. I have nothing against helping them train, but they're not dragging me over to 'The Haven' as Damon called it, like they're forcing me on a seventy-two-hour hold

"I only tell you these things because I don't fucking like watching you suffer. You don't let anyone in to help."

"I don't need help." I snap.

I was fine until Damon showed up; the nightmares were infrequent, the mental breakdowns rare, and I didn't even care when I looked Horace in the eyes. Damon fucked it all up; any progress I made was gone.

Right now, I only need my coffee and some food before I'm on the field for the rest of the day. Of course, completing this perfect morning, Damon is sitting at the breakfast table with Samirah.

I pause, my heart racing at the sight of him and my body instantly relaxing as his scent, more potent than usual, surrounds me. He damned us both when he didn't accept my rejection; the bond would get stronger every day until he either accepts it or we marked and mated each other, which would not be happening.

I feel his eyes on me as I fix my coffee and plate, and I have half a mind to eat in another room, but if I'm helping their people train, I need to stay and talk with them. I sit next to Azrael, sipping my coffee while I listen to them talk.

"We'll head over and grab them after breakfast; the place is remote, so there are no pictures for me to show you, but we can drive there initially and then portal everyone here." Samirah is telling him as I sit

"How long of a drive?" Azrael asks

"Two hours," Damon chimes in

Az groans in response, making me chuckle. He hates driving and avoids it at all costs. He elbows me, and I elbow him back twice as hard, making him curse.

"What level of training do they have in combat?" I ask, hoping I'm not going to be starting from scratch with them

"They're highly trained and skilled warriors. However, it would benefit them to spend some time learning your fighting style, given that it's so unique. The King said he would happily let them train with your blades." Samirah tells me

I nod. "Very well. I'll train with them in between training my sister. Azrael can fill in when I'm with Amara."

"Thank you," Damon, who hasn't taken his eyes off me since I walked into this damn room, says.

"I'm not doing it for you," I hiss at him; he only smiles playfully at me in response, eliciting a growl from me.

"Do you have any idea how beautiful you are when you want to kill me?" he tells me, completely unbothered by my obvious annoyance.

I glare at him, willing the back two legs of his chair to disintegrate. His eyes go wide as he falls back, hits the floor with a thud, and grunts. I go back to sipping my coffee.

"Anyways," Samirah cuts in, glancing down at her friend, who is picking himself up off the floor with a smile plastered on his face. He must be mentally ill. "As you know, we have no idea how much time we have before this battle, so we want to make the training count. They are all very eager and will learn quickly," she says to me warily

"I can imagine," I say, finishing my plate and the last few sips of my coffee. "You can find me on the fields with Amara when they're ready," I tell them as I collect my dishes, put them in the dirty dish bin, and exit.

In honesty, even though they're vampires, I am happy to train these women to kill Silas' armies in the quickest but most painful ways. The idea brings me my own sick satisfaction. Another plus, since I'll be training Amara with her magic today, I won't need to worry about finding Dad or Azrael to spar with after, thankfully.