chapter 52: "Guess you were into bad boys after all."

En başından başla

Jasmine and Berk giggle to each other, and me and Asda make orb contact and roll our orbs dramaticaly. jasmine and Berk are in love as ever. Despite me and Asda's reactions, we are so hapy for them really. Jasmine's been so good for Berk in the absence of his brother, and she's been so happy with him back in her life.

Jorge sighs in singlehood from the corner of the limo. Unforutanely since he is the only gay represeantative in Mistyville, he is not spoiled for choice here. But he's going to college in rural North Dakota after the summer, so he'll be fine.

While Asda isn't officially dating anyone at the moment, we all know she's been spending moire time with Bender, who she still swears she finds "irritating and unattractive". Which is surely why she asked him to be her date to the prom, I think to myself with an amused smile.

Madoc  on the other hand has had a very productive year. With Kai dead and Satan processing Jackie's survival, Satan's Angels offically disbanded. Since he needed something to fill his time, Madoc has taken up breakdancing and started the Asexuals Against Drunk Driving organizatiin  (ADHD) which has raised $5890 dolars and $56 cents already. What the money is going to go towards I'm not very sure. But I'm very proud of him.

Soon we arrive at the school and all get out the car. Now I can finaly see everyones outfits. Jasmine is in a sparkling green gown, and berk's tie is the same emerald green material. Asda's in a witchy black dress and had to be dissuaded from bringing her cat to the dance (he bites). Madoc is wearing.a green hoodie and jeans (he doesn't belive in formality). Jorge is in corporate gay suit from target because he's desperate for lqbtg+ 

We walk into the gymnasium and I spot Heather by the punch. She's dressed in pink barbie dress, of course. When she sees me she gives me an akward little wave, which I return with a quick smile. Don't get me wrong, me and Heather will never be friends. She treated me terribly, and I doubt I'll ever forget it. But ever since Brok... Well, her animosity towards me kind of died down, and she's started dating some guy over in Chaneyview, which has mellowed her out a little.

And then, as if my orbs were drawn to him like magnets to a fridge, I look back to the door. And that's when I see him.

For once, he's made an effort. Dressed in a black tux, I've never seen him look so formal. But of course his hair is as messy as ever; he must have been running his hands through it a lot.

I rush over to him, almost stumblin in my heels. "Hey," I say. It comes out a little more brethless than I intended.

Satan looks me up and down, and I realize he's probably never seen m this dressed up either! "You look like a goddess," he tells me, and I know it's clichē but i still find myself blushing.

"Don't look so bad yourself," I say to him with a grin.

He smiles too. "Dance with me?"

I breahte in his famiuliar scent of sandalwood and man smell, and let him pull me over to the dance floor. we start to sway to the music like trees in moderate wind. I let my mind wander, thinking about how much things have changed in the past year. It took Satan a few months before we could be us again, he needed time to process. But it only made us stronger, and i can't imagine being apart again. Touching him and speaking to him just feels so natural now. 

He's my best friend.

Well, okay, second best after Noah. After what hapened with Brok, Noah was there for me. He baked soup for me, watched movies with me, altbhough he did not try to wash my hair again. He even eventualy tutored me in chemistry and i got an A!! (TAKE THAT MR BROWN!) He even took me on dates with him and poor Rachel; she didn't seem to mind but I felt kind of bad. I did apprecitate the kidness though.