08 • Hot and Bothered

Comenzar desde el principio

"Tell me what you want, Tanushree," Romeo commanded.

My spine straightened, and my gaze snapped back to his face. The way he said my full name did something to me I couldn't comprehend. I licked my lips, watching the way his eyes tracked my tongue, and then found my voice, which was thick with desire. "I want you to stop fucking around and take off your god damn pants."

His hand trailed over my jaw. The pad of his thumb grazed my lower lip. "For such a proper little ballerina, you have a very dirty mouth."

"You have no idea," I whispered, letting my tongue graze the tip of his thumb, which was still resting on my lip.

He smiled a small half-grin that I didn't think many people had the pleasure of seeing, and my stupid heart fluttered again.

What the hell was wrong with me? Was this my first hook-up in the city, or was I an experienced, almost thirty year old woman? This was just about scratching an itch and forgetting my bad day. I had to remember that.

Slowly, Romeo moved his hands to the buckle of his pants, undoing the clasp and letting the front hang open in front of me. Each one of his moves slow and deliberate. The muscles of his thick forearms flexing underneath all those tattoos. He twisted the button next, revealing an inch of white boxer briefs.

I swallowed hard, watching him in rapture. He wasn't dancing, he was just...undressing, and sweet hell it was hot. My nipples beaded inside my bra, and the fine hairs on the back of my neck tingled in anticipation.

This was what I needed. Him. Or rather, his body. Romeo was doing a damn good job of making me forget about everything wrong in my life, because right now, the only thing I was focused on was his zipper, and the thick column of flesh it was holding back.

He moved his hands to his hips and blew out a satisfied little huff, which drew my attention to his face. Pieces of his dark blond hair had fallen in his eyes, but it did nothing to distract from the intensity of his gaze. It almost made me believe this meant more to him than a random hookup with a random girl. Almost. And that was good enough for me.

"Do you need help with the zipper?" I asked. There was a teasing note in my voice, but I'd never been more serious in my life. I didn't wait for a response. I went to undo his fly when he captured both my wrists, pressing my palms against his muscled abs.

His quick denial took me aback.

Romeo gave a slight shake of his head. "No, baby girl. You don't gotta do anything for me. All I want you to do is hold very still and watch. Okay? "

This man was unbelievable. I bit down on my lip to restrain myself. It was so hard for me to not help someone, but I did my best to stay still while Romeo slowly pulled down on his zipper, and his jeans slid down his hips. He kicked off his shoes, and stepped out of his jeans, leaving me to stare at him in all his glory.

I fought the urge to move as my body reacted to the sight of him. Suntanned skin against white cotton. Thick thighs that were dusted with hair. And of course, the stiff outline of his cock. A stuttering breath left me. Knowing this was turning him on turned me on even more. The string of my thong was rendered useless by the slick warmth creeping past it.

Romeo fitted his hand underneath my jaw, holding my gaze. "You are doing such a good job holding still for me even though I can tell how much you want to take control. That should earn you something, shouldn't it?"

I nodded, pressing my lips together. Eating his praise up like it was my last meal. Even though I was no stranger to one-night stands and meaningless sex, this felt different. Very different. I'd never been praised for doing nothing but watching a man before. I knew he was a stripper and watching was the point, but we were way past just a dance now.

There was something real between us. I could feel it.

Romeo leaned down, bringing his lips to the shell of my ear, and oh my god. The scrape of his stubble against my skin had every nerve screaming. "What else do you want, Tanushree?"

I turned my face into his, running my nose down the length of his cheek until we were face to face. Those green eyes of his burrowing into my soul. I'd never felt more vulnerable in my life, sitting on my knees in front of a beautiful stranger, or more turned on. This wasn't an act. I wasn't playing the drama-free girl that did whatever she needed to do to please her partner.

I was being me, with a man, and that was kinda terrifying, because the guys I liked didn't like me back. Even if this wasn't a one-night stand and Romeo hadn't thought I was a tutu-wearing demon earlier today, he still wouldn't like me because I kinda liked him.

As soon as the thought bubbled up, I pushed it back down. I couldn't like him. I knew next to nothing about this stranger. I was physically attracted to him, and that was the important part.

"I told you," I said, lips trembling on a shaky inhale. "I want you to make me forget this day ever happened. I want you to kiss me, and touch me, and fuck me until I can't remember my own name."

I realized I'd probably said too much. Maybe I'd misread his demand for honesty, and he was about to leave–guys didn't want to listen to my drama–but he didn't move an inch. In fact, he looked angry.

"Who the hell hurt you today, twinkle toes?"

Who hurt me today? I let the words bang around in my head, realizing that he wanted a name. Even though Celeste was the biggest culprit, I couldn't blame one person for my bad day. It was a combination of a lot of things–big and little–that had turned my entire world upside-down and shaken the shit out of it, like a Christmas snow globe.

"Tell me," Romeo urged. His breath kissed my cheeks, sending tingles all over my body.

I pressed my lips into a firm line. No, I couldn't give him a name. If I started talking about ballet, I'd start crying, and the very last thing this man wanted to deal with was a weeping ballerina. I could solve my own problems.

"It's not important."

Romeo let out a humorless chuckle. "Now who's the liar?"

"I thought you were supposed to be praising me," I said, bringing back my flirty tone. "That doesn't sound like praise."

Slowly, he dragged his lips across my cheek to whisper in my ear. "If I talk dirty to you, would that make you feel better?"

I let out a strangled laugh that broke through the tension in my throat. Even though I could solve my own problems, his offer was very enticing, considering the circumstances. "Dirty talk is always appreciated. That is, if you're any good at it."

Romeo nipped at my earlobe with his teeth, sucking gently, which stole my thoughts away from ballet and literally anything else except him.

"You're already wet for me, aren't you?" Romeo whispered, causing a tremble to go down my spine. I swallowed hard but didn't say a word. Romeo chuckled softly. "I bet if I slid my hand up that short little skirt, and pulled those panties to the side, I'd find that beautiful cunt of yours soaking wet for me. Wouldn't I?"

I bobbed my head up and down, feeling more turned on from a single phrase than from a five-minute warm up with my vibrator. "I'm ready to go. As long as you have a condom, we can get started right now."

He let out an amused hum that went straight through me.

"Not so fast, twinkle toes." Romeo snatched the baseball hat off my head and put it back on his own. "I see that your expectations for a one-night stand have been set very low. If it's okay with you, I'm going to raise them up to where they should be."