CHAPTER X : THE BALL NIGHT

Start from the beginning

"I was going to hold it back for a bit more....but I couldn't not when you are looking this beautiful." I could feel passion in his voice.

"Norman I-". Before I could complete he shushed me off by putting his hand on my lips. Not bothering about the crowd around us.
"Let me complete please" I could sense his breath hitching and the nervousness in his voice.
"I...." He closed his eyes before continuing.
"I-I like you Anneth.....I dont know how but the first time I saw you at the resort....I felt it something and it was amazing. And when I started to know you more it grew stronger. I know I might sound like a creep or something but trust me when I say this I'm very serious when it comes to you. I dont want to force you so take time and answer me whenever you feel like......no pressure. That's all I want to say." He said it in a single breathe and looked at me breathing heavily.

I chuckled lightly and hugged him.
"Calm down.....take a breathe......" I patted his back to calm him down.
"Cute" I mumbled and smiled.

"Then should I take that as a yes?" He said excitedly breaking the hug.

I started blushing not knowing what to say I shyly nodded when he hugged me again tightly.

"Its the luckiest day of my life.....thanks uncle mcgurn." I could feel him Smiling heartiously. I never thought I would fall for someone...
I use to think there is no love for me in this world.....but as he said it can't be helped......its seems the big guy had other plans for me .....I slowly caught up in the trap and fell for him....... and like him I couldn't control too.....I was also dying to tell him that.....he is the one for me , with whom I forget my pain and just enjoy the present, with whom I'm happiest, who always cheers me up and cares for me.
I wanted to tell him first but I didn't get the chance to.
I snuggled more into his chest hugging him tightly. I was relieved..... happy after a long time. For just a moment I wanted to follow Ronnie's advise and be happy.

Lost in the moment we never realized that the music stopped and the people were looking at us. All of a sudden I felt something unusual...I heard a squeaking voice. I turned up to the voice .The chandelier was shaking abruptly and was about to fall.

I fiercely pushed him off. He was stunned at my sudden behaviour and that's when the chandelier fell.

The crowd started to rush around the hall screaming. And it soon turned into a stampede.
I got up from the ground catching a breath to check up on Norman if he is okay as I pushed him really hard.
But just then someone held me and pulled me towards a dark corner.

****END OF ANNETH POV****

****NORMAN POV****
People rushed over as the chandelier fell. I looked around to find Anneth but she was nowhere to be found. Escaping from the mass I tossed my phone out to call her but stopped at the sound of a gunshot.

I turned to look at direction and a man was shot dead and a bunch of men barged in with guns . I geared up my search to the fear of loosing her just when I got her.

Fear took over me as I started looking for her everywhere in the hall.

"we are attacked....." A voice interrupted me as I about to enter the corridor.

"Attacked?" I raised an eyebrow.
"By whom? And why?" I asked frustratingly.
"Jerry.....kim jerry ........I mean his men.....they are here for you."

"Kim jerry? What do I have to do with him? And where is uncle......is he safe?"
I dialed his number but couldn't reach him.

"Don't worry .....chairman is safe. Your men took him to the safe house.....we just need to find a way to deal with them." Jack said assuring me.

"But why me?.....what do I have to do with him or his men.?" I said scratching my temple

" Because jerry is DEAD!!!" He shouted while shooting from the corner of the corridor.

"What?.....I mean how? Until yesterday he was fine......he received the containers I sent him. Just how?."

"Someone shot him and sent his body to his father. And as you were the last person he talked to so they assumed you killed him" He said as we reached at the middle of the hall.

"And how come you know all of this Mr Dragna?" I asked skeptically.

"Its all over the news.....Alex showed me. We didn't tell you because you were busy with the arrangements. But we didn't knew they would retaliate so fast."
He said as we walked towards the exit.

"Out off all the days they have to pick this one?.....ugh!!!.....these fuckers.......I have to find Anneth too so I don't have time for all this nonsense so let's get over with it swiftly."

Saying I started fighting with them and soon escaped the hall.

"Help me Find who did this......we need to have something to save our face otherwise johnny will cancel the deal." I said fixing my suit.

"Jerry was last seen with his driver.....the one who drove him that day and now no one can get a hold of both the driver and his car.....I'll ask my men to keep tracking him."
The man said while texting someone on his phone.

"Thanks bud.....I'll leave it to you then" I said as I hurriedly sat in my car.

"But why are you going alone .....let me accompany you......it's not safe..." The man said

"There is something I have to take care of.....call me if you find something......thanks again for the help......I owe you big time buddy." I said and drove off .