CHAPTER VII : COMPASSION

****NORMAN POV****
It was already 9:45 my body was all sweaty....the thought of meeting her was making me anxious as I was getting more close to her apartment......how should I greet her?......should I act cold?
....lost in my thoughts I didn't even realize when I reached the place.....I hit my head .. "oh buddy you have gone crazy" laughing over my madness I picked my phone to dial her no. But before I could do that I heard a knock on my car windscreen....I looked up to see Anneth standing wearing a crop t-shirt with shorts and her hair open with a little makup . I blanked seeing her like this.
"Morning Mr Rockwell..." she said with a little smile which I swear was the best thing I saw at the beginning of the day.
I was so lost in her that i didnt even reply her....just looking at her like a fool. She tucked her hair behind her ears showing her cute little earpin. I so wanted to touch it. Maybe waiting for me to wish her back.
"You are early? U said u will be here at 10?" She spoke again getting my attention.
"Uh....I" yaah Norman!!! don't stutter be a confident man ....what will she think of you? My heart screamed reminding me to act normal.
"I had something to take care off"I said trying my best to act normal.
"So shall we go?" She said looking a bit confused.
"Yeah sure". I said as I opened the door for her. She sat inside and buckled up.I gave her a small smile before driving off. It was a quiet ride until she spoke looking back at the crossroad.
"I think you took the wrong turn Mr Rockwell.....the hall is past the third intersection". She pointed at the intersection.
"I know where I'm going ms romanoff....and there is still time for the hall to open so I thought why not we get coffee until then."

"Coffee?" She asked making the cutest expression.
"Yes coffee.....normal people drink coffee in the morning.....don't they?"
She didn't reply ...just looking at me....maybe hesitating.
"Oh!!! Its just a cup of coffee....what to think so much about? A cup of coffee won't kill you trust me" I said lightning the mood.

"Alright....if you say so". She smiled for a moment but changed her expression after her phone chimed. She suddenly became serious after looking at the text she got.

"Is everything Alright ms Anneth?" I asked getting worried. She didn't say anything just hummed and turned her gaze towards the window to take the outer view.....I didnt ask her again....maybe she not comfortable telling.....I decided to let her be.

We soon reached the coffee shop....she got off and waited for me outside the cafe. We entered the cafe and chose a table to sit after ordering.
I was having a great time admiring her while drinking coffee until my phone rang.
"Sorry....I'll just be back" I excused and went out to attend the call.

******END OF NORMAN POV******

****ANNETH POV****
I DONT WHY AM I AGREEING TO WHAT THIS CREEP SAYS.....SOMETHING SEEMS FISHY IN HIM....WHY THIS SUDDEN CHANGE OF ATTITUTE HUH!!!
I SHOUTED IN MY THOUGHTS. THEN SUDDENLY MY PHONE VIBRATED....SHOWING A TEXT FROM RONNIE

RONNIE: "EVERYTHING'S SET"
"WE'LL MOVE AT DAWN"

"THATS IT JOHNNY START COUNTING....ENJOY THE DAYS WHILE YOU CAN.....IM COMING FOR YOU" I THOUGHT AND WE REACHED THE CAFE I GOT OFF QUIETLY AND WENT INSIDE.....

****TIME SKIP****
I WAS HAPPILY ENJOYING MY ICED LATTE UNTIL I HEARD A THUD....I TURNED UP TO SEE THE COUNTER AND THERE WAS THIS MAN HARASSING THE RECEPTIONIST. ABUSING HER AND ASKING FOR MONEY.
"WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE A DAY LIKE THIS BIG GUY HUH?" I THOUGHT LOOKING UPWARDS AND SHAKING MY HEAD IN DISSAPOINTMENT. I TRIED NOT TO LOOK AT IT .....BUT NO ONE WAS HELPING HER....
MY PATIENCE BROKE WHEN HE RAISED HIS HANDS TO HIT HER.

"YAAH AHJUSSI THAT'S ENOUGH ....YOU ARE DISTURBING ME." I SAID IN AN ANNOYINGLY MAKING THE MAN TURN TOWARDS ME.

"OH LOOK AT THIS....WHO IS IT?.."HE CAME TOWARDS ME ..
"YAAH YOU.....WHO ARE YOU? MEDDLING IN MY BUSINESS?".HE ASKED ANGRILY

"I THINK ITS THE OTHER WAY ROUND AJJUSSI.....ITS NOT ME ....ITS YOU WHO IS MEDDLING IN.....DISTURBING ME AND THE OTHERS TOO....SO PLEASE STOP IT AND LEAVE"

"AISH!!!! LOOK AT THIS WOMAN GETTING ALL GRUMPY." HE SCOFFED
"LISTEN MS...WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS....ITS BETWEEN ME AND MY MOTHER.....YOU KNOW FAMILY BUSINESS.....SO YOU BETTER STAY OUT OF THIS OKAY" HE SAID WHILE PUTTING HIS STUBBY HANDS ON MY SHOULDER.

"TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF WHILE IM BEING NICE MR" I SAID ANGRILY

"OH THE LITTLE ONE IS ANGRY NOW....HOW CUTE" I JERKED HIS HANDS HARSHLY AND WENT TOWARDS THE LADY...PICKED HER UP WHILE SHE WAS CRYING CONTINOUSLY.

"ARE YOU OKAY MA'AM?" SHE NODDED SLIGHTLY. WHY DO YOU LET THIS MAN TORMENT YOU HUH? FOR WHOM ARE YOU SUFFERING LIKE THIS? BECAUSE HE IS YOUR SON?...." I SIGHED "YOU SHOULD NOT....YOU DONT HAVE TO IF HE TREATS YOU LIKE THIS....PEOPLE LIKE HIM ARE TRASH..... NEED TO BE THROWN AWAY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OTHERWISE THEY STINK!!!" I SAID WHILE LOOKING AT THE MAN.

"YOU....YOU BITCH....WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOURSELF HUH? LET ME SHOW YOU YOUR PLACE" SAYING HE CAME TOWARDS ME AND THREW A PUNCH AT ME WHICH I DODGED AND KICKED HIM IN HIS ABDOMEN. HE GROANED.

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU.....YOU PEICE OF SHIT!!!....I WARNED YOU TO TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF ME....BUT YOU ARE ONE PEICE OF TRASH." I PICKED HIM UP AND STARTED BEATING HIM AND HIS MINIONS MERCILESSLY(to the readers knowledge I'm a trained fighter)

BREAKING BOTH TABLES AND BONES I CONTINUED FIGHTING UNTIL I FELT SOMEONE BEHIND ME I TURNED TO LOOK UP AT NORMAN WHO WAS STANDING THERE HOLDING A MAN'S HAND WHO WAS ABOUT TO HIT ME.

"NOT WHEN IM HERE YOU MORON!!!" HE SAID BEFORE SNATCHING THE BOTTLE FROM HIS HANDS. WITHIN NO TIME WE SLAYED THE MEN AND HANDED THEM OVER TO THE POLICE.

"THANK YOU DEAR....YOU HELPED ME A LOT TODAY." THE LADY THANKED ME WITH A HEAVY HEART AND BOWED.

"ITS OKAY AUNTY.....ITS MY DUTY....BUT FROM NEXT TIME...DON'T LET HIM OR ANY OTHER JERK LIKE HIM PESTER YOU....BE BRAVE AND FACE THEM OKAY?" I SAID HANDING HER THE STICK BEFORE WALKING OUT.

"SORRY I RUINED ALL THIS!!!" I LOOKED AT NORMAN. "YOU COULDN'T EVEN DRINK COFFEE BECAUSE OF ALL THIS......I'LL TREAT YOU NEXT TIME...SO SHALL WE?" I APOLOGISED AND WE WALKED OUT OF THE CAFE AND HEADED TOWARDS THE CAR.

******END OF ANNETH POV******

****NORMAN POV****
I ended the call and turned to head back to the cafe and what I saw next shook me....Anneth was beating a man like there is no tommorrow....i thought i will protect her....but after seeing this i think its me who needs protection now...I quickly headed inside to help her but then my eyes dropped on a man trying to attack her from back .I blocked him and beat him....Fucking morons ruined my date....soon we dashed all of them and head out.

"Can I atleast know why did you meddle in that women's business...there were so many of them....anything could have hapened ...so why? You could have gotten hurt....." I asked angrily....I was furiated by her behavior.....it's a relief she knows how to defend herself....but anything could have happened.

"She reminded me of my mother" I was distracted by her sudden voice. "I tried ignoring all of it but when he hit her....I bursted out and caused all this....sorry I caused you all this inconvenience." She said while looking down.

"Its okay ms romanoff.....you did the right thing....just be a lil lenient next time" I smiled and she smiled back.

We soon reached the hall and finished our business there and headed back to her apartment.

"It was a great day Ms romanoff....thanks for your help....see you next time....."

"Call me Anneth....we are friends now .." She said and went inside. I smiled cheerfully and drove off.