𝟎𝟔𝟓: 𝐓𝐚𝐠

Start from the beginning

Chifuyu gives you a half smile, "If that's what your heart says."

"Thinking with your heart is for the weak." You frown, remembering what Mikey said to you two years ago.

Maybe I am weak... Weak when it comes to Mikey, you think. Will I be able to face him now?

You stop swinging, "Or maybe I should start listening to my brain..." Chifuyu stops swinging shortly after noticing your mood had went down. "What makes you say that?" He asks you, concerned.

Mikey said so...

"Well... He isn't the same, you know?" You say, shrugging. You take a deep breath, "All of this is so complicated... Since Takemichi came back, everything feels so overwhelming..."

You look at Chifuyu, "I mean, without my power, I probably wouldn't be seeing the light of day against Terano South! Physically, I'm just not strong enough... I don't even know how I'm gonna get passed Senju in our sparring match..." Your voice starts to sound more panicked as you continued to say talk. "And with the future changing, the battle might end up differently... What if I'm not strong enough to go against the Three Deities?! And alone! What if I shut down when I see Mikey?! What if-"

"You're overthinking again!" Chifuyu tells you, poking your head and interrupting your rambling. "You gotta loosen up! Look on the bright side!" He says, trying to cheer you up. "That whole bounty thing is over with. The Takemichi we first became friends with is back. You're not the only one who's trying to bring back Mikey. I have your back. Takemichi and Draken have your back!"

Even with Chifuyu's encouraging words, you still had a lot of doubt. Mostly with yourself. It's been months since you last trained with Grandpa Sano. And even though you've been training for over a year now, you felt there wasn't much improvement. You continued to wonder if you were capable enough to go against anyone from the Three Deities. Whether it was a spar or a serious battle.

Chifuyu gets up from the swing, "Come on, stand up." You look up at the boy and raise a brow, "Why?" Chifuyu urges you to stand up and you do. He taps your arm.

"Tag!"

You watch the boy run over to the play structure. "Are you serious?" You ask, raising your voice, making sure he hears you. Chifuyu turns his head at you, "What? Can't catch me?" The blonde playfully challenges.

You chase after him. Following him around the structure. You never noticed how fast Chifuyu really was until now. He starts to climb the structure and you do the same. Chifuyu goes down the slide.

Can't believe I'm playing like this as a highschooler... You think. You sit on your butt and slide down. You reach the end and look around.

"Boo!"

You jump and turn around, he was hiding on the other side of the slide. You continue to chase him. "Hey, are you using your foresight on me?" He asks curiously, still running. "Oh, come on... You think I'd use that in a kiddy game?" You answer, chuckling.

Chifuyu goes back to the structure and climbs it again. You rush over to the opposite end. The two of you look at each other, ready to run and ready to tag him back.

"Go ahead," he teasingly taunts, "Come at me!" You chuckle at his competitiveness. You run to him and he does the same.

Both of you were on the small bridge. It wobbles while the two of you move around on it. Chifuyu continuously dodges your attempts at tagging him. "What 16-year-old takes tag this seriously?" You joke, panting a little from continuously trying to tap him. Chifuyu laughs, "Are you talking about me or you?"

The bridge continues to wobble. Your foot slips between the bridge as you try to reach for Chifuyu. You lean onto him and both of you fall. Your hand also slips through the bridge. You both bump foreheads by accident.

You take your hand out and grab the rope beside you, lifting yourself up. With your other hand, you rub your forehead and apologize. Chifuyu continues to laugh. You can't remember if you've seen him this happy before. You can't remember if you've ever noticed how attractive he was up close. You start to laugh with him.

"Does that count as a tag?" You ask jokingly. "Guess I'm it!" Chifuyu says, still laughing. Both of you take a second to catch your breath from all the running you did. "Tag," Chifuyu says, tapping your shoulder and panting a little. "Tag," you say back, tapping him. "Tag!" He taps your forehead. You chuckle and do the same.

Chifuyu taps the side of your face. You do the same. He taps the other side and you do the same. Chifuyu pokes your nose and you repeat the same thing.

His eyes trail down your face. "Tag," he says softly, tapping his fingers on your lips.

You felt your heart beat faster as you noticed him continue to stare at your lips. Chifuyu looks back at your eyes. He caresses the side of your face with the same hand he tagged you.

"May I...?" He asks you. Staring at you fondly.

You feel your face warm up and your stomach starts to turn, feeling bashful. You felt hesitant. Though you were usually dense about advances on love, it was clear to you what he was asking for permission for.

Even as you were silent, still contemplating what to do, Chifuyu was patient. Waiting for your answer quietly.

You wondered if it was right to kiss him. You didn't think he was unattractive. You didn't doubt he was a good guy either. It was the first time you viewed Chifuyu this way during your whole friendship together.

You weren't sure what it meant if you kissed him. You weren't sure what it meant for him if he kissed you. But as you continued to stare at him, you couldn't help but notice how beautiful his eye colour was. The shade of green sparkles from the moonlight. His mouth was slightly parted and his lips were a pretty shade of pink. Still waiting for you.

You close your eyes. "You may," you finally reply.

Chifuyu pulls you in closer, slowly. You feel his lips pursed against yours. You kiss him back. Your body lowers a bit. You feel his other hand reach your waist and then to your back. The both of you were now chest to chest as you both continue to kiss.

You pull away to catch your breath but Chifuyu pulls you back in hastily. You put your leg forward, getting more comfortable and closer to him. Your hand trails up his neck and then to his head. Wrapping your fingers in Chifuyu's soft hair.

Clang.

You break the kiss abruptly and get up after hearing a loud thud. Chifuyu groans, disappointed by the interruption.

"Your bike fell," you tell the blonde. He puts his hands on his face, "That's all...?" He asks, his voice slightly muffled. Chifuyu slides his hands down from his face, "The kickstand's old, probably just gave up..."

"But... It fell the other way..."

Chifuyu shifts under you and sits up. "Oh... It did," he comments, looking at his bike. You furrow your brows at the boy, "Aren't you concerned?" He looks at you and asks why he would be.

"Why would it fall the other way?!" You question. You look back at the bike and then around the park. The neighbourhood was empty. Quiet too. You hold onto the net that was attached to the bridge, getting up. "We should go home..."

The two of you climb down the small structure. Chifuyu picks his bike up and starts it. As the two of you get on, Chifuyu starts to drive.

"I don't like that..." You say.

"What... Did you not like?" Chifuyu asks you. "That your bike fell the other way..." You reply. The blonde sighs in relief.

"It just doesn't make sense..." You continued to worry, "Unless..."

Someone pushed it.

Chapter sixty-five, end.