𝟎𝟗𝟕: 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞?

A few days had passed since The Thousand Winters formed.

Though Chifuyu's sent in his resignation to his job. Chifuyu still had to fulfill the rest of his working schedule until he could fully quit. You and Takemichi decided to wait for him to finish before moving forward.

You walk out of your room after hearing a couple of knocks at your front door. You walk down the hallway and open it.

"Draken!" You said with slight surprise.

Before you could speak again, he extends his arm slightly toward you. Carrying a small paper bag in his hand. "Girls like stuff like this, right?"

That bag... It's from the same store I bought Emma a birthday present three years ago... You take the bag, opening it from the top. Inside were a couple of travel-sized makeup products.

"This is for me?" You asked. You were mostly surprised that Draken thought of giving you a gift in the first place.

Draken nods, "Take it as a thanks... And sorry," he says. "I didn't reach out sooner because I heard you wanted space after the battle. So I didn't want to bother you."

You shook your head. "I'm the one who should be sorry," you replied guiltily, "I made you worry for being so distant..."

The tall boy asks if he could come in and you accept. He takes his shoes off and you show him to your living room.

The two of you sit on the couch. You place the gift bag he gave onto the coffee table in front of you. "You doing better now?" Draken asks, "It seems your wounds healed from the fight."

"Other than my mental state?" You said, playing it off as a joke, "I'm doing just fine!"

"So..." The blonde starts, "You and Takemitchy are forming a gang."

You nod, "You're welcome to join!" You offered. "Other than Takemichi being the commander, we don't have any other set roles."

He tilts his head, "So it'll be different from Toman?" He questions. You shrug, "Chifuyu said that having divisions might not be necessary if we're still small."

"That's true..." Draken agrees. "Takemitchy as a commander, huh?" He looks up at the ceiling. Resting his arm behind on the head of the couch. "That'll be interesting."

"Interesting?" You repeated, "I think the role suits him." The tall boy looks over at you, "You do?"

You smiled, "He did well as acting commander against the fight with Tenjiku," you complimented, "So I have no doubts he can lead a gang!"

"It's new listening to you compliment Takemitchy," Draken chuckles. You sighed, "That's because if I said that in front of him. He gets all excited and asks for more praise..."

"If he's the commander, you must be the vice, right?" He asks you. "Oh, no way!" you answered, waving your hand from side to side. "Sounds like too much responsibility! I'd rather be a division captain or something if the gang expands..."

Draken taps your shoulder with his fist. "Oh, come on! Don't sell yourself short!" He says with a smile, "I'm sure you'd make a great commander."

"Draken... Please lower your expectations..." You said, rubbing your shoulder.

"All I want is to defeat the Kanto Manji Gang," You tell Draken seriously. "I don't care what role I am, as long as I can help Takemichi save the future!"

Draken exhales from his nose, "You've changed a lot."

You turn to look at the tall boy, "I have?" You asked, confused. He smiles at you proudly, "You're a lot more fierce. Even decisive!"