xiii. weasley's wizard wheezes

━━━━ 𝐁𝐘 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 ━━━━

𝔗𝔥𝔢 ℌ𝔦𝔤𝔥 ℑ𝔫𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔰𝔦𝔱𝔬𝔯 𝔬𝔣 ℌ𝔬𝔤𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔰

𝐃𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐔𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 (𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐈𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫) 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐮𝐬 𝐃𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐫𝐲. 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐄𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 

𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐝:
𝒞𝑜𝓇𝓃𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓊𝓈 𝒪𝓈𝓌𝒶𝓁𝒹 𝐹𝓊𝒹𝑔𝑒
𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂

"This is a nightmare," Raya muttered what most of the Common Room was thinking.

She hadn't even left Ravenclaw Tower and she'd already heard that Dumbledore had managed to overcome two Aurors, the High Inquisitor, the Minister of Magic, and his Junior Assistant to escape.

She also heard Meredith had been the one to rat them out, but because of Hermione's spell, was in the Hospital Wing.

"At least it can't get any worse," Thomas muttered.

Ten minutes into the school day, they were proven very wrong.

Half the D.A. was annoyed with them because Meredith was part of their friend group, and those who weren't getting harassed by the D.A. were getting points docked for breathing too loudly by the Inquisitorial Squad.

"Yeah, Thomas, say that again," Cierra grumbled. "Things always get worse after someone says they can't get any worse."

"It's not his fault," Raya responded. "We just need to lay low for a while and figure this out. We can't start fighting with each other — not right now."

"How about Meredith?" Cierra asked. "Can we fight with her?"

"It's not her fault either," Cho tried. "She was under a lot of pressure from her mom. She can't disappoint her."

"We're all under stress for different reasons," Thomas said. "But Raya's right. Arguing with each other — or Meredith — isn't going to help. Sure, we're upset with her, but maybe we shouldn't have forced her to do this with us in the first place."

Cierra rolled her eyes, "As long as the stupid Inquisitorial Squad doesn't take away any more points, I won't argue with you guys."

Raya turned towards the giant hourglasses where the house points were displayed. The three houses besides Slytherin were constantly losing points. Ravenclaw was in the lead before that day, but now had fallen nearly fifty points behind.

"Noticed, have you?" said Fred's voice.

He and George had just come down the marble staircase and joined Raya and her friends in front of the hourglasses.

"We were in the lead by nearly a hundred, and now we're behind fifty," said Raya furiously, as they watched several more stones fly upward from the Ravenclaw hourglass.

"Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break," said George.

"What do you mean, 'tried'?" said Thomas quickly.