xi. second term

𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐔𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐊𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐂. Apparently, he'd been searching for more Black family relics to try and gift to Raya. But Sirius grabbed him from the loincloth and dragged him downstairs.

Raya tried to be nicer to Kreacher, but it was hard considering he kept running away from her. She wasn't fond of trying to call him, especially because Rosie was around as well. As long as him and Sirius weren't fighting, she was okay.

To be honest, she was worrying too much about her dad out on his mission to actually do anything about Kreacher and his weird tendencies.

"I mean, I know he can handle himself," Raya told Cedric. "But it scares me. I've been on a quest before, and when I came back from it, everything changed. I wasn't even the same person anymore. I just don't want that to happen to him."

Cedric didn't respond, his vitals still stable throughout the entire conversation. His healing had continued over the course of the year, but he was nowhere near completely healed yet. 

Raya's eyes fell on the bracelet that he was wearing, the one her dad gifted her. Quite literally the only thing keeping him alive.

"I've been so scared for so long, I don't remember what it feels like to not be scared," she whispered, finally admitting what she'd been trying to hide from herself for a long time now.

Raya got up at the sound of the nurse down the hallway. She quickly climbed up into the vent and pushed herself out onto the roof of St. Mungo's. She needed a way to see Cedric without having to worry about visiting times, and that was the only way. She made her way back to Grimmauld Place, the sun just beginning to rise over the horizon.

Raya entered her ancestral home, closing the door softly behind her, and tiptoeing past her grandmother's portrait. She made her way down the the kitchen, hoping to look like she just woke up and didn't spend the last half of the night out of the house and in the hospital.

Tonks and Remus were escorting the group to Hogwarts, but they hadn't been in Grimmauld Place over the break. Raya was sure they were here now, but she just hoped Tonks hadn't gone into their room to look for Raya.

That wouldn't be a fun conversation.

Thankfully, both of them were eating in the kitchen when Raya entered. The adults had been in a hushed conversation, but fell silent quickly once Raya arrived. She tried not be embarrassed as she grabbed some cereal and quickly ate breakfast.

"I heard Ravenclaw's been undefeated so far," Remus turned to Raya. "You make a pretty good Quidditch Captain? Do you think about going pro?"

"Thanks Rem," Raya grinned, the adults starting another conversation around her.  "Honestly, I haven't thought about it too much, but I'm not opposed to it. I love Quidditch, but I don't want the world to think I'm only playing because of my dad, or I'm only getting offers because of my dad."

"If England wanted to reach out to you to play for them, it's got nothing to do with your dad," Remus told her. "That's all your own talent."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the other kids entered the kitchen, running around as they tried to eat their breakfasts at record speed.

"Well, that's my cue," she grinned at Remus. "See you in a minute."

Raya handed her bowl to Rosie before heading up to slip her coat on and wait for the others.

Raya leaned against the wall, waiting for someone else to come up after finishing breakfast — preferably Kayse — but instead Sirius came down the stairs.