Prologue

The village of Oakbrook, nestled in the tranquil valley, had always been a haven of peace and prosperity. Its modest cottages and bustling marketplace exuded an air of contentment, as its inhabitants went about their daily routines with smiles on their faces.

But on this fateful night, darkness fell upon Oakbrook in the most sinister of ways. The once vibrant streets were now bathed in a crimson hue, the flickering flames reflecting in the horrified eyes of its terrified denizens. Buildings lay in ruins, their wooden frames splintered and charred, as if torn apart by unseen forces.

Bloodstains marred the cobblestone streets, a haunting testament to the merciless carnage that had unfolded. The air was thick with the acrid stench of burning wood and the sickening scent of death. Shadows danced eerily amidst the wreckage, their movements a macabre symphony of despair.

The shrieks of the miserable villagers fell into the deaf ears of the mountains as the village strayed slightly far from the civilization, to ensure their continued sense of peace. Yet, little did they imagine the cataclysm that would strike them.

Yet, within this disastrous state of a village hid a little body of a kid bearing amber eyes, which were forced to look on the sight in front of him.

Careful my child, don't venture cross the threshold past the midnight, for menacing creatures bearing sharp claws, glowing red eyes and oozing with found breath as their each step made one's soul tremble, named as demons venture forth in the dark.

The child was reminded with his mother's words as he watched the wretched looking creatures far gruesome and ugly than the details provided march forward as they converted the dead bodies into one of them before increasing their ever growing army.

All the child could wait were to be killed by the demons in front of him or pray for a miracle which would free him of the heavy constraint on him, to flee and live another day.

Yet, one could not say for certain about his movements even after being freed as his mind muddled at the sight of such death as such age.

Boom!

Just as the child held back his tears and the almost escaping whimpers while forcing his mouth shut, a large piece of rubble flew and collided with the heavy wreckage atop him.

Apparently, it was the cause of a tantrum by a demon which led to be a boon for the kid.

But before he could lift his body and run, he felt his lower body go numb as the rubble seemingly crushed the body at an angle which instantly crippled his body.

The pain previously masked by fear and adrenaline now retracted causing his weak mind to collapse as he cried out loud, a cry which was a melody for these demons.

The child only realized his plight as he felt his pain intensify, which was caused due to his innards being ripped open by a demon while the other plunged it's hand deep into his heart, causing the hot liquid to splash out from his chest.

Thus, the last and tiny hope one had to prevent the large scale arrival of a monstrous horde of nether plane dwellers was crushed cruelly and mercilessly.

Little did one know, that this event would marks the start of the third war of the darkening from a little village of Oakbrook.