seventeen | apartement

It was now late evening it was already dark outside and Mindy, Chad and Anika had finally arrived at the apartment and everyone was doing their own stuff or where in the living room watching TV as Sam came in with a stack of pillows and placed them next to Anika, "Here you go."

"Sam, we do not have to stay here." Mindy tried again to get out of the arrangement as she didn't see the need for it.

"Well, to bad. I insist." Sam told her as she got the wine bottle from the top of the fridge, "Safety in numbers."

Sam, Tara, Chad, Mindy and Isaac where all in the kitchen getting a late dinner ready, as Quinn was in her room and Anika was sitting on the couch, "This'll be so fun, a little slumber party with the core five." Chad said with enthusiasm.

Chad raised his hand hoping to get a high five from someone after he realised what he had just done, "Core five! Up top!"

"Core five?" Sam repeated in utter confusion on what the boy was talking about to which the boy only nodded his head, "Did you just give us a nickname?" Tara asked.

"I sure did."

"Get that away from me." Tara said with a light laugh as Mindy shook her head and let out a laugh too, "No."

Chad than turned to Isaac who hadn't said one word the whole evening which wasn't like him, with his hand still raised, "Okay, okay." Isaac laughed and gave into Chad who high fived him, "Hell yeah."

"Guys, what the hell." Anika said as she turned the volume of the TV up, so the other's could here what was said, "The primes suspects are no other than Samantha Carpenter and Isaac Tate Roberts. Two of the surviving members of the Woodsboro killings in 2022. Seen here attacking a women on the street last night."

It shows the incident of the night of the party where a women had dumped her drink on Isaac and insulted him and Sam, as the man goes on about Sam and Isaac she grabs the remote out of Anika's hand and turns the tv off before leaving for the kitchen. Isaac turned and look at her as she sat down he felt bad for her as she didn't do anything forgetting himself completely.

Isaac walked over to Sam and sat down next to her as he took a deep breath he grabbed onto Sam's hand and started, "I'm sorry." Isaac started, he felt bad that Sam is in the spot light like this and that he couldn't do anything against it, "I know it doesn't make it better but you're not alone in this. I promised you I would be here and I told you that I trust you to not be the killer and I still do. And I know it's not fair that where both being accused for something we didn't do or had control over and I understand you're frustration, but you're not alone."

"And I know I shouln't care what people think, it just sucks being this hated." Sam says as she wiped a tear that had fallen away. Tara came together with the twins and sat down at the table as well, "Hey, hey. Just a reminder, not a single person in this room hates you." Chad says as the three sat down, "We've all been through some fucked up stuff and we are coping with it differently. I mean we moved here together for one very specific reason, we are a team."

When Isaac looked at Sam, he could see her start to smile, making him smile also, "We are the core fucking five." Mindy adds as she and Chad high fived.

"Thank you." Chad added, "I hate myself now." Mindy laughed.

This made everyone laugh it was like before everyone was having fun and their where laughing at some stupid joke, Isaac looked at Chad who was already looking at him, he knew what Chad wanted from him and sighed as everyone looked at him before he broke into a smile, "We are the core fucking five."

"Tara, say it you should say it!" Chad said as he fist bumped Isaac who sat across from him, making Tara shake her head as she laughed, "Nope, I'm not gonna say it. I mean, yes, we're a team but-"