"Like he wouldn't admit he was wrong even if he was being waterboarded with a gun to his head."

Tyson laughs and Astryd sends me an unamused look.

"He may stubborn but his heart is so pure. He's a sweetheart." She defends.

"He called me a witch and threatened to get me fired from my job." I deadpanned.

She ignores me once again, "He would leave flowers around the penthouse for me to find and would get pissed if Sorren messed with them." She reminisces before releasing a loud groan mixed with a cry, "I miss them!" She burrows her face into a pillow.

A frighten Lola slithers off my abdomen and falls to my side under my hoodie. I sit reaching under my hoodie and pulling her from under so I don't accidentally lay on her.

I pout, "I miss my boyfriend." If we're confessing already then I'mma join.

Tyson narrows his eyes at us enviously, "Guys, I'm literally right here." He scoffs.

"Shut up, you know we love you Ty." Astryd musters a smile as she rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

He hums unconvinced as he dramatically turns his head away from us.

I nudge him with my foot, "Why you all pouty like you haven't been spending time with Ezmai?"

Even with his head turned away I could catch sight of the redness appearing on his neck and cheeks.

Astryd leans forward a bit watching Tyson's face, "Aww, she got you blushing." She sings teasingly poking his shoulder which he moves out of her reach, almost falling off the bed.

He coughs in embarrassment, "No, I'm just having an allergic reaction."

"A reaction to love." Astryd shimmies in her place beside me lowering her voice an octave as she teases him.

"What? We haven't even— Shut up." His blush deepens as he releases a miserable groan in annoyance taking a throw pillow from off the floor and throwing it at Astryd— taking the name too seriously.

I laugh as Astryd throws her hands up to cover her face and head before the pillow could hit her.

I hear the oven beep telling me the timer I put on warming up the brownies was done, "That's the timer for the brownies."

I get from the bed holding Lola securely as I place her in her enclosure before tending to the brownies.

I take them out of the oven setting them on top of the stove and I will let them cool off for a few minutes before platting them and taking them to my room.

"Ives! Your phone ringing!" Astryd yells from my room.

"Who is it?!" I yell back.

"Apply Juice?!" She answers.

I smile taking off my oven mitts and tossing them on the counter.

I scurry down the hallway back to my room, the ringing tone of my phone becoming louder, and take the phone Astryd was holding out for me and I answer it.

"Cariño."

"I am on my lunch break can I stop by your apartment?" His words were rushed and made my eyebrows furrow.

I frown as I ask, "Is everything okay?"

"No."

"What's wrong?" I walk out the room to get privacy from the two pair of eyes.

"I am in dire need of your presence as my chest feels weird and uncomfortable along with you making unexpected appearances in my thoughts."

I roll my eyes but couldn't stop my smile as I summarize his 'problem', "You miss me."