04

𝑺𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝐿𝑖𝑙 𝑊𝑎𝑦𝑛𝑒2:11 —————❍———— 1:52⇌    ◃◃    ▍▍  ▹▹    ↻ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ  :  ——————❍——

𝑺𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌
𝐿𝑖𝑙 𝑊𝑎𝑦𝑛𝑒
2:11 —————❍———— 1:52
⇌    ◃◃    ▍▍  ▹▹    ↻
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ  :  ——————❍——

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

second person

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 sat curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. Renae had been crying nonstop since the incident that happened the night before. She left to Peter's shared home with MJ, and informed the woman of the news of his death and his last words. It was a tearful night for the two, Renae had not left to go back to the dorms, MJ let her stay.

All night was filled with sobs of cries, hardly any sleep was made, only to be awoken again with a dim mood that led to more tears all over again. A speech was to be made by MJ later that day and the woman struggled to put anything together as she was still in grief.

How do you prepare a speech for hundreds of people the day after your husband died?

The woman knocked on the door of the guest room and called for Renae, only to be met with silence and muffled cries. MJ frowned and walked in the room, seeing the young teenager curled up in a ball in the corner of the room.

"Flower..." It was the nickname MJ and Peter had given her. It was the last name Peter had called her. And it hurt. So much.

"I don't wanna go." Renae was referring to the ceremony and speech, offering condolences and gratitude to the fallen hero. She did not want to go because it meant accepting that he was really gone, and she did not want to accept that as the truth. Not yet.

"Renae..." MJ closed the door behind her and walked over to her teenage daughter. She sat down by the tearful girl who leaned her back against the wall and stared at her spider suit on the bed.

"He was the only dad I had left...And now he's gone, too." Renae's eyes were empty as she stared at the spider suit on the bed, a single tear slid down her cheek. "I wasn't strong enough for either of them. They're gone because of me."

"It's not your fault. Don't say that." MJ moved her arm around the girl, leaning Renae's against her shoulder. "You did nothing but protect him the best you could. That is more than enough."

"I heard the impact and ran over. By the time I got there...he was on his last words." The sad girl leaned against the woman, recalling her trauma of what happened. "Spiderman always gets up. Always. But he...he wouldn't get up. He couldn't fight anymore. Why didn't he get up?!"

"I can't go to that ceremony. I can't be Tyrian Spider. I'm not a hero. It's not fair. I've lost three already. I refuse to lose anymore people I love. I'm not putting that mask on ever again."