Devourers Of The Moon

The moon was brighter than usual and it radiated energy I could recognize. Wonderful energy pulsated to the lake below. Thousands of creatures, translucent skin, blue eyes, webbed hands. All feeding upon the moon, devouring the white, silky flesh of the moon slivers.

I walked forward. Step by step, my body unfamiliar, my entire figure glowing in the darkness. My disfigured body seemed small and strange against the stars.

Yesterday remained in the scar that trickled down my leg.

Driving silently along that long, winding road. The moon shining above... My brain was full of sloshing bile, and my body flowed with blue blood.

A thought stuck in my head. I didn't remember what it was.

I flitted in and out of the world. In the burning moonlight, my hands collapsed into mush, and my body melted away.

A hollow scream echoed across the roadway as the car broke the highway barrier. The car flew up and skidded across the forest, car doors flew away, glass shattering, all bursting into wire and machinery, skidding into the forest. Stopping beside a lake, below the moon. Below the stars...

While the moon flowed within me, my thoughts fled, empty. Blooming warmth within my body, the surreal world, and the horrible faded sun seemed far. I drank from the moon.

The moonlight flowed within the pool. I devoured, consumed, like mana for mortals.

Blue blood spilled across the lake. A horrible shrieking erupted from the water.

The moon began devouring, the translucent flesh fading away, the entire body split apart like shriveled twigs.

Only a slight shimmer remained

The moon grew in size, bulging like a tumor across the stars.

Another creature swam out and crawled out onto the rocks. Watched the moon.

Gone.

As spots ran all around like bullet holes, blue blood dripped onto the ground as decay ripped it apart.

The moon grew further. The light blasted into the forest, into the vast maze of trunks and leaves, below a glowing, grinning smile of pure white.

My webbed paws gave me a clumsy burst of speed. I bumbled toward the entrance of a cave, slipping on the rocks. Stomped my way down toward the muddy waters, toward the complete darkness, away from the light.

Further shrieks reached the cave, echoing. I swam into the deeper catacombs, a sharp pillar of rock scraped against my soft skin, blue blood dripping away. Pain shot through me, the moon-like acid to me, my body shunned me, leaking away the nourishment of the moon. I stopped to stare at the deep gash, crossing with my scar.

I began to fade, flesh ripping apart, blood poured into the water, and the moon consumed me.

Mind-mush, gone, gone, fading away. The car was only a piece of smoking junk. My crippled body mashed between the seats.

I was the beautiful moon. Serene fingertips plucking away the moon creatures. Filled with the desire to grow grand in the null void of the stars and space.