"No." I mumble, looking down to the sand.

Topper nods his head, snatching the ball from my hand.

"Hey! Give it back!" I yell, watching him play around with it. "It's not even mine!" I say.

"What? Did you steal it?" My brother asks, glaring at me as he catches the ball.

"Rafe! Give it back!" I yell. "I'll tell Dad!" I threaten.

"Like he'll believe you!" He taunts. 

"Give it back!" JJ yells, shoving Rafe back. No finally getting involved. 

I cover my mouth, trying to hide my laughter when Rafe lands on the sand butt first.

"Stupid pogues!" Topper yells, shoving JJ who just stumbles back.

"JJ!" The brunette yells, grabbing him.

"John B, they took our ball!" JJ yells, pointing towards the other boys.

"Come on, man! Let's go!" John B yells, grabbing JJ.

I look down to Rafe and see him groaning on the floor with the ball sitting next to him. I quickly grab it off the ground and take off in a sprint across the beach, yelling at John B and JJ to follow me. "Come on!" I laugh, grabbing the blonde's arm. He laughs and takes off running as well.

We get far enough away that we can't see the other boys and fall onto the ground panting as if we had run a marathon.

"Oh god!" John B yells, laying on his back with his hands on his head. "Why did you do that?" He groans, looking at me.

"You wanted your ball back, no?" I say, chucking it at JJ. "You're welcome." I smile, laying back as well.

"I like her." JJ mumbles to John B who just scoffs. "I like you." He smiles at me.

"Thank you." I smile back.

"Wanna play?" He asks, standing up and passing the ball to John B who stands up.

"Yes." I say.

Of course, I didn't know that I had just met one of my best friends and boyfriend who I would go on to become a millionaire with. 

It was a good perk though.

*

Rich parents

"JJ!" I yell, covering my eyes as he sprays me with water. "Come on, dude! I thought you wanted to be presentable when you meet 'Mr. King Kook'." I say quoting his words as I watch Kiara, John B and Pope laugh and shake their heads at the blond.

"I do! Doesn't mean you have to. He's your dad." He rolls his eyes, standing up from the HMS pogue and climbing onto the dock outside my house.

"This was your idea." I remind him, grabbing his hand as he helps me climb onto the dock.

"Are you scared JJ?" Kie pouts, making all of us laugh. 

"Oh, shut up, Kie. You're not the one who has to meet her rich parents for the first time." He glares at the girl. "You've already met them because of your sleepovers, which I think I should've been invited to FYI, John B works for them, and Pope's catered for them before. I'm the only one who hasn't!"

"Can you calm down!" I laugh, grabbing his shoulders. "My dad and stepmom aren't gonna kill you JJ." I say.

"Easy for you to say." He says, looking at me with nervous eyes.

"I promise JJ. Come on." I say, rolling my eyes and grabbing JJ's hand as I pull him up the dock towards my house.

"Just... be gentle! I'm scared." He whines.