Chapter Nine - Amelia

Autumn mornings are my favourite, but this one was particularly special. I didn't catch Morgana and Alistair when they returned home last night, and that's probably a good thing. Oliver wasn't in bed when I woke up – a little unusual since he likes to sleep in on Saturday's.

I can hear faint murmurs and giggles coming from the kitchen downstairs as I take my time getting ready, slipping into my favourite dress and twirling in front of the mirror. It's been a while since I wore this dress, but today feels like a special occasion.

As I make my way downstairs, the smell of bacon and freshly brewed coffee fills my nose. And then I see it. The kitchen table is set with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and my roommates have prepared a huge breakfast spread. Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit. My mouth waters at the sight of it all.

I can't help but smile as I take in the scene before me. Every one of my boys, with the additions of Ivy, Theo and Pax, are all gathered around the table, grinning from ear to ear. They've remembered. It's been one year since I first introduced myself to them, and they've gone out of their way to make this day special.

"Happy anniversary, Amelia!" Hendrick exclaims, pulling me into a hug. I can feel tears prickling at the corners of my eyes. I never expected to find such great friends when I moved into this house a year ago. But here they are, celebrating me and making me feel so loved.

We spent the rest of the morning laughing and chatting, enjoying each other's company over delicious food and bottomless mimosas. I felt so loved and appreciated, and I knew that this was a day that I would never forget. As we cleaned up the dishes and said our goodbyes, I couldn't help but smile, feeling grateful for the amazing people that I got to call my roommates.

I linger in the kitchen, savoring the last sips of my coffee, when Ivy approaches me.

"Hey Amelia, I just wanted to check in and see if you're okay after the argument with Morgana earlier?" she asks, her voice filled with genuine concern.

I feel my face flush with embarrassment. I hadn't realized that our argument had been overheard. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for asking," I reply, trying to sound nonchalant.

But Ivy's not convinced. "Are you sure? It sounded pretty intense," she says, looking at me with a concerned expression.

I take a deep breath, deciding to open up to Ivy. "To be honest, I don't know how to talk to Morgana. We have such different ways of thinking about things, and I feel like I always say the wrong thing."

Ivy nods thoughtfully. "Have you ever considered trying to think more like Morgana instead of trying to talk to her?"

I raise an eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Well, Morgana has a unique perspective on things that can be really insightful. Maybe instead of trying to change her or make her see things your way, you could try to understand her point of view a little more. It might help you communicate better," Ivy explains.

I pause to consider Ivy's advice. It's not something I had thought of before, but it makes sense. Maybe if I can start to see things from Morgana's perspective, we can find some common ground.

"Thanks, Ivy. That's actually really helpful," I say, feeling a sense of gratitude towards my friend.

"Anytime, Amelia. We all want to see you happy," she says, giving me a warm smile before heading off to start her day.

As I watch Ivy disappear down the hallway, I feel a sense of optimism. Maybe there's a way for Morgana and I to bridge our differences and become better friends. I'm willing to try anything at this point.