I shook the nerves away and saw everyone split up, the guys no doubt going home and Tori off with Chance. As for me, I wanted to stay as I bought pieces for my costume and decided to tweak it a bit before the eventful day tomorrow. I honestly I wouldn't be able to go considering I always took my siblings out trick or treating since they were born. So I was glad when my parents said I could have fun and would take over me for the day. And of course came my dad's warning on boys and sex and staying abstinent through the day.

I was right when I said I'll never leave his clutches. Imagine the level of embarrassment that would reign down on me if he came by Chris' house warned every boy there. Even if they weren't into men whatsoever. I knew he'd do that and I prayed it never came to it. I'd just have to answer my phone when he called.

When I got inside my room, I picked up costume, sprawled it out on the bed and took one hard look at it. There was something I needed to change and I completely forgot. But looking at it, happy at what I wanted to go as, I started searching the internet on my laptop and got to work.

"Thomas." I heard my name from a distance and yet it sounded a few inches away. Then I heard it again and groaned, seeing complete darkness. "Thomas." Again. What? What's going on? Then I'm shaken and my eyes slowly crease open, clearing the disfigured appearance of someone looming over my bed. "Why aren't you home yet?" They asked.

Who is this? I was shocked I could even make out their words but not their voice?

"What...?" Then I focused hard and my vision soon cleared and in focus came Leone with a look of thought. Looked like he came back from the station.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be home by now?" he asked. "It's like 9, right now."

"Oh..." I checked my surroundings as I pulled myself up and then caught my costume at the end of my bed. I wanted to tweak it and then felt a little tired. Guess I took a longer nap than I wanted. "I was tweaking my costume and guess I overslept."

"Are you still going home?"

He backed up a bit and I swung my legs off the bed, sitting upright. "Yeah."

Quiet, not unheard, I sensed his hesitation. "I can take you home, if you want?"

I looked up at me, nodding. "Yeah. Okay."

He looked taken back. "Really?"

So I reassured him my thoughts. "We're friends, Leone. Not strangers."

He shifted in spot, looking as if he went through my words for an answer. "What happened? I honestly thought it'd taken us years to be considered friends."

"I just saw the way a relationship between a friend of mine and his brother were like and I just don't want us to turn out like that," I said and stood before him. "I don't want to hate you, I don't want as to be awkward like this anymore – it takes too much energy, don't you think?" He nodded, a small smirk growing. Though I never knew the contents of Chance's case of what went wrong, I'd rather not mirror that.

I also realized how my mom went through something similar before and remembered how she and Armin rekindled a great friendship for all these years. Dad still teased and joked about him whenever he had the chance.

"Yeah. It does," he said. "Just let me get changed first then we'll go."

I nodded and sat back down, folding my costume and stuffing it in my bag. As I laid back down, picking up the journal-like novel I haven't touched in a while, I checked my phone for anything from anyone. Was Chance's behavior the sudden shift in everyone's unusual behavior as well? Did they know? Tori never stayed quiet for long periods of time like this and Chris was also a loud-mouthed and yet he, too, fell to silence. It wasn't like we didn't have our own little quirks and jokes and outlandish moments like before but everything changed so fast.