"At least pretend to deny it..." He deadpanned, "but now, you're just a sad little prisoner. It's enough to make you cry, eh, Dazai?"

It's actually a little too convenient... She mused to herself,

"You may be able to deceive that apprentice, Akutagawa," Chuuya grabbed a fistful of Shika's hair, "but not me. After all, I'm your old partner. What's your play?"

"Just what it looks like." Shika's face fell into a more serious expression, though in reality she was fighting back a simper, "get caught, and wait to be executed,"

"There's no way the Dazai I know would be caught through misfortune or sloppiness. If you were that foolish, I would've killed you long ago." He removed his hand and took a step back. Shika shook her head to ruffle her hair back into place.

"Pff, you're welcome to try again~" she smiled, "anyway, why did you even come here in the first place?"

"To harass you." He snapped back, "you toyed with me all you wanted back then." Without so much as a warning, Chuuya delivered a rough kick right above Shika's head, which she avoided by ducking slightly. "There's usually payback ten times over for it later."

"How inviting."

"...I don't know what you're planning, but fight me, Dazai." He stretched his hand out towards her, "I'll crush you right along with your schemes!"

"Chuuya," Shika said in neither a teasing nor serious tone, something in between. With a snap of her fingers, her shackles slid off her wrists and clashed onto the ground.

"Hah...so you could've escaped at any time?" Chuuya almost laughed,

She nodded dismissively, "you? Stop my plans?" She revealed a double-ended needle from between her fingers and smirked, "you must be joking~"

Chuuya's smile widened as he spoke,
"I'm liking this turn of events!"

"That's what your mom said last night--"

Shika grit her teeth against the kick Chuuya landed against her ribs before she retaliated by grabbing his ankle and pulling him up close.

"Still as predictable as always, hm?" She hummed with amusement in her voice, their noses almost touching. Chuuya only rolled his eyes and yanked his leg towards Shika, forcing her to let him go and jump back. He was quick to follow up with another kick, which Shika caught again and punched him in the stomach.

"Hah...hahahah...you call that a punch?!" He yelled out before throwing his fist into her gut, which sent her flying into the wall. "That doesn't even count as a massage! Your martial art skills are below average for the Port Mafia. Your ability to neutralise gifts is a nuisance, but I don't even need to use mine at this point."

Shika silently listened to his 'speech' with her head hung down, still sitting leaning against the wall.

"Get up. The party's just getting started, Dazai." He glared down at the girl with contempt.

"You're not the Mafia's top martial artist for nothing...whoops." she sighed and picked herself up with a swift jump, "I thought my blocking arm would get torn off, sheesh,"

Shika smirked upon seeing Chuuya's features contort in thought, "we were partners for a long while. I already know your moves, pacing, and habits," she tilted her head with a smile, "I wouldn't have been a good partner otherwise, right?"

Chuuya's face momentarily lit up in delight, and he suddenly charged towards Shika with a wide grin, "then I bet you saw this coming too!"

Ohfuckhe'skindafast--