Chapter Sixteen

Começar do início

The room erupted into applause as House Velaryon walked towards the table the Royal Family sat at. The group parted to make way for Ser Laenor, who bowed upon reaching the table. Rhaenyra smiled at her betrothed and stepped away from the table, meeting the Heir to Driftmark in front of the table. To the crowd of Nobles, the two looked to be madly in love as Ser Laenor kissed Rhaenyra's hand in greeting.

The House Velaryon had just sat down when Prince Daemon entered the Hall and walked up to the Royal table. At the sight of his brother, Viserys looked to his wife for guidance.

Enora leaned over to her husband, whispering. "Let him join us, Viserys. It is a celebration."

At his wife's response, Viserys stood up, waving for a servant to bring another chair to the table.

"Be welcome, as we join together in celebration. Tonight is only its beginning. We honor the crown's oldest and fiercest ally, House Velaryon. Reaching back to the days of Old Valyria and the Age of Dragons. With House Targaryen and House Velaryon united, I hope to Herald in a second Age of Dragons in Westeros." The crowd broke out into cheers at their King's words. "And after tonight's small affair, seven days of tournament and feasting. At the end of it all, a royal wedding between my daughter, my heir, your future Queen and Ser Laenor Velaryon, the heir to Driftmark."

After the King's speech, the young couple stepped down from the table to begin their dance in between the tables. The drums beat as Rhaenyra and Ser Laenor circled each other. Applause filled the room at the end of the dance and couples flooded onto the dance floor as a new dance began.

"Would you care to dance, my love?" Viserys leaned towards his wife, never tasking his eyes off his daughter.

"Perhaps after the meal, my dear. Caring for children all day causes one to build up quite an appetite." Enora smiled as her eyes met Viserys'. How she adored this man.

"Your Grace," A deep voice spoke, interrupting the moment between husband and wife. "I was wondering if I might have Lady Alicent's hand for this dance."

"I have no qualms over a dance, Ser Harwin." Enora smiled at the knight her sister had fallen for. "But perhaps you might wish to ask my sister, it is her, after all, you wish to dance with."

Ser Harwin's face tinted red as he turned to the young lady sitting between the Queen and his father. "Lady Alicent, would you care to dance?"

"I would love too, Ser Harwin." Alicent beamed as she left the table and joined the rest of the couples with Ser Harwin by her side.

"Perhaps there shall be another wedding soon, Lord Lyonel." Enora laughed as she turned to the Hand of the King.

"We can only hope for such a strong match, Your Grace. Though they do seem quite enamored with each other." Lord Lyonel smiled at the Queen, nodding his agreement.

Though originally he had counseled the King to wed Lady Laena, he couldn't disagree that Enora Hightower was a wonderful Queen, a loyal wife, and a caring mother. She had breathed new life into not only the Red Keep and King's Landing, but also the King. Viserys was more devoted to his subjects and the small folk he ruled over than ever.

"In the Vale, men are made to answer for their crimes. Even Targaryens." A voice came from the end of the table causing Viserys, Enora and Lyonel to all look.

"Who are you?" Prince Daemon replied, leaning forward in his chair.

"Ser Gerrold Royce of Runestone"

"And?"

Ser Gerrold stepped closer to where Daemon sat at the end of the table. "I am cousin to your late lady wife."

"Ah yes. Terrible thing. I'm positively bereft. Such a tragic accident."