The Order of Radiance

Start from the beginning

"Oh, oh this is giving me an idea. Have you tackled the sunflower yet?" He asked.

"That's the third one." You answered as he then took the next two out from under the stack, and got the "sunflower" one out and laughed in delight.

"Oh! This changes everything! This changes everything! Oh my gods, this, this completely changes everything! This is perfect! I love you so much! You're the smartest being in the universe! You're divine!" He announced as he kissed your cheek emphatically before he took it and went to his desk that was on the other side of you and did a freehand drawing first, using your sketch and your writing as a guide and just as you were finished with the current flower and changing putting it all together and simply made a second stack, he was just diving into these first ones.

Kragan practically giggled as he drew out the basic design and then gave it bones and flesh and then skin, like creating a new life from scratch. And because he knew the real world applications and know-how and even used your inspiration to spark his own imagination and his own spark of creativity as he then redesigned how it would all work and how it would all be built and what the dimensions needed to be. What everything needed to be- in order to work. And work like the dream came to life that it was.

"So it's possible?" You asked as you took a moment after finishing your last set to look over at him and watched fondly as he worked.

"Yes. Very much so. I never would have thought to do anything like this without your divine inspiration." He beamed happily back at you as he looked at you with absolute delight and giddy excitement.

"I don't know if it's divine..." You allowed.

"Oh, it is, trust me. This is how you're going to catapult us into the future. And if you're doing these based on flowers, each country and each place has it's favorite flowers, you could totally tailor these to more suit the aesthetics of each place. And they will be perfect works of art and wonders of the world and will be its own destination. Plus I love the change to the Order. It'll make the privilege of knowing you personally that much more precious and intimate in a way." He began.

"That and it'll be easier for the future generations to not constantly feel like they're in my shadow and have to constantly differentiate them from me." You explained.

"Yes, I agree. It would be confusing in a lot of ways, like it has with the ships themselves." He agreed with a nod.

"I'm happy you agree, I have another idea but I wanted to run it by you." You began.

"I'm all ears Dearest." He invited.

"I want to give Millie a job." You began and it caused him to frown slightly in confusion for a moment.

"Doing what?" He asked, trying to keep his tone light and not betray how much he was against Millie ever tearing down anything you had built up.

"My mother has always insisted that Millie was always a princess and future queen in the making. And with this wedding, she is loving all of the attention and the favors and the royal treatment and everyone kissing her ass so to speak. And she couldn't be happier with that. And it's a spectacle where she's the star of the show." You began as you saved your best "flower" for last as you slowed down and really took your time with it.

"Ok..." Kragan slowly nodded in agreement as his frown deepened.

"But Millie is dreading her life as Countess Lavine in Solowards. Because here I am, practically empress of my own empire and she's being looked at and expected to repeat what I've done and she...she has no idea how to do that and wouldn't even know where to start. Because all she knows is the performance. She doesn't know anything else. And that's only because she's had it practically beat into her since she was a child to be nothing like me, to be the exact opposite of me, all flash but nothing of real substance. Because if anything of real weight is a burden and no one wants to be a burden. To not be too educated, to not be too intelligent, to not be anything other than a little doll to be dressed up. Or a jewel in a jewelry case, to be worn and to be an accessory to Ron but not be her own person. And now that others are expecting her to be her own person, she's having a hard time figuring who and what that person is without being told by someone else. And even now, Gwendolyn is terrified to even leave the house. She hates all the pressure that I've unknowingly and unintentionally put on her and Millie. And she's incredibly introverted and very shy and she hates the spotlight of any kind. And she is dreading the thought of even following in either my or Millie's footsteps. But I have an idea for her, but I want to go over it with my parents. But before I do that, I want Millie to have a chance to stay in the spotlight so that Gwendolyn never has to even get on the stage, not until she really wants to." You explained.