The Order of Radiance

Start from the beginning

"Tess?" Kragan murmured once he woke up and reached for you, only to find the blankets pulled back and you were no longer beside him. And even the bed itself was now cold from your absence as his eyes soon snapped open to see you no longer in the bed and he felt panicked to no longer see or even hear you.

"Tess?!" Kragan called out a little louder and it caused you to finally pull you out of your hyperfocus and jumped in your skin and caused both hands to jerk the ink on the pages.

"I'm here. I'm here. I...I am having the best and most genius idea ever and I'm writing it down." You answered as you finally seemed to come up for air for the first time you woke up before you seemed to take a nose dive right back into it.

"Ok... wanna tell me or if you do, you'll lose momentum?" Kragan asked as his body relaxed as he looked from the bed, to where you now resided in the middle of the room where your desk was- to feel like a fool for not realizing that if you were not in bed- of course you would be at your desk.

"I'll lose momentum. I can't stop. I'm not done yet. I mean, I'm almost done but I can't stop now. If I stop now, it'll stop blooming and I can't cut the flowers off before they bloom." You cryptically answered him back.

"Flowers?" He repeated in confusion.

"Yeah, flowers. So many flowers, all blooming, all at the same time. Like late spring, when the whole garden starts to bud and then bloom all at the same time. But I have to get to all the blooms. I can't miss any of them or else they'll wilt before I get them all. I can't miss them." You implored desperately.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Kragan asked.

"Yes! I got the best sleep of my life! It's where the first buds of the first buds of blooms started to appear and when I woke up the buds bloomed." You answered manically as you continued to go at a hectic pace.

"Are you...are you on drugs? You're...you're manic. Why are you manic?" Kragan asked worriedly when he recognized your tone and got up and came over to the desk to see you working like some kind of supercharged machine.

"No! I'm not on drugs. Well, not any of the ones that any mortal can make. My brain is giving me my own drugs. My own fireworks of flowers. It's like divine inspiration, when the gods inspired the holy books to be written by the prophets. Same thing but just..less holy but if this is what divine inspiration feels like- I get it. I'm almost done, I'm almost done, I only have a few more flowers to get to." You repeated as you wrote so fast, the writing was near illegible and you were writing in shorthand too! And your hand and wrist and forearm from the other hand were already stained and you didn't care if you were smudging your own drawings, they were still there enough for Kragan to look at and redraft officially if he needed to.

"If you must look, start with the bottom section of the stack in front of me, but, very, very carefully, don't disturb the rest of the stack." You urged him as you kept moving your head and your eyes back and forth as you drew and wrote as fast as your fingers would let you.

"...okay..." Kragan frowned but did as you asked and oh so carefully pulled the section at the bottom of the stack out and left the rest as undisturbed as possible before he looked at the drawing and then to the pages as you had put the lease agreement first and then the first flower, the daisy plans with that.

"Oh-ho-ho-ho! Yes! Oh Babe, this is genius!" Kragan cheered when he read it.

"Thank you, Now look at the flower! Look at the flower!" You urged him as you continued at your near frantic pace.

"What the...oh, wait, wait, what? What did you...Did you seriously design a ship with no sails but...but that could move in the twelve winds because you...you redesigned the propulsion engine motor?!" Kragan gasped when he saw the "flower" and all of it's beautiful, glorious petals.