Chapter 2 - Imprisoned

Author's Note: Poor Anakin. Both of them. They just need hugs. xP

~ Amina Gila

Sith Reality

Apparently, things can still get worse. The area they take him do feels of the Dark Side – of pain and he wishes he didn't know why. It's not like this area in the Jedi Temple – this is darker, far more sinister, and at least at the Jedi Temple, he was never here as the prisoner.

They're not planning to hurt him, at least not quite yet, because the fact that he's firmly restrained to a... something in the center of the darkened cell is a telltale sign that they wouldn't hesitate to if he's being noncompliant.

He can't even move, and that's torture in and of itself, with how helpless it makes him feel.

And they won't stop barraging him with questions and then claiming that he's lying no matter what he says and – it doesn't help that Obi-Wan didn't do more than take him down here before leaving.

"Then perhaps your time in here will allow to determine what it was you were actually doing here," Windu says icily to his... probably one hundredth denial by now before they leave, plunging the room into a deafening silence.

The room is dark, far too dark. He can only watch the door, expecting them to come back, more like desperately hoping they'll come back. He has no way out of here, and they can't just leave him tied to this, can they?

He's been in solitary confinement before, never for very long, usually when he was too out-of-it for it to even matter, but this is different, because he's fully conscious and with no guarantee of anyone finding him. He doesn't have anyone to find him, unless whatever happened will switch him back, and right now, the Force is so muddled by the Dark Side, he can't feel anything outside of the pain and fear lingering in the room oppressively.

How the public could stand for this, he has no idea. He doesn't really want to know, either.

It makes even less sense that the Sith aren't ruling the galaxy the way he would have expected – or at least he doesn't think they are, because there was a Senate, and it looked identical to the one in his time. And Yoda is clearly the Grandmaster of the Sith Order, so he's assuming they have a similar role to the Jedi.

As similar as such a role could ever be for Sith, that is.

He still doesn't understand how Obi-Wan and Ahsoka could be Sith. He doesn't understand how he could have been one here or how he ended up in his counterpart's body in the first place. Or why.

(He also doesn't understand why Obi-Wan left him here. Especially after he promised that they wouldn't hurt him. Well, he does know why, so why does it hurt as much as it does? This Obi-Wan isn't his.)

But right now, he almost wants them to come back, because he can't stand this silence anymore, this – inability to move. It could have been hours or only minutes now, for all he knows. Not that they're constant questioning is any better, but...

He just wants to go back.

He's too afraid to let himself fall asleep. It's not as if he could even if he tried. It's been... a while when he finally senses them returning. They do come back eventually – and other then to... very briefly let him down – it's for nothing but to keep questioning him, and they still don't seem to believe a word of what he's saying. He doesn't even know why they're bothering, but at least they let him up once in a while.

Judging from how thirsty and worn out he feels by now – not to mention sore – he thinks it has to have been several days by now.

He doesn't want to risk sleeping, and any time he gets close, it seems they show up to start pestering him again. They haven't used the... device he's strapped to, but he can't shake the feeling that they might if this continues much longer. He's still not convinced this isn't more a nightmare.