Chapter 67

Acacia Point of View

Calm down! It was all in the past.

Calm down, he did not go through with those lame ideas.

I cannot and should not take those past accounts into consideration to settle the score. This is a discussion started with the reason to better the situation and possible relationships.

"You really knew how to be snobby." I scoffed mockingly. The look of guilt and disappointment on his face softened a tiny bit of my heart. Not wanting to ruin the grand official talk we are having, I took the initiative to bring the discussion back on track.

"With you being so mighty and all, why did you agree to send me to a place far from the capital city with Igses?" Although a part of the reason was my stubbornness at that time, I was still a normal human being with no money and power.

If he wanted to, he could've just not agreed to my conditions to go Oudad. Thinking back, although there was a little argument between both of us, he indeed agreed to the conditions pretty soon and gladly.

"I didn't want to send you as well. It was a huge dent on my ego that neither my aura was working on you nor are you scared of me. You were a mortal but much more strong in heart. There were two reasons; one, I knew if I did not accept your conditions, you would do something drastic. You have no magical powers but you have some kind of invisible power over us which might be because your existence is rather special."

Hey, is he trying to soothe my heart?

Ahem, although I think he meant every word, the way he indirectly described me as a valiant person made me feel good.

At least he learnt how to use words correctly at right times after coming here.

"And the second reason?"

"I didn't want to expose you and Igses to those mutated people. If the curse was broken, it meant the curse on Vizac and his people, was broken as well. Sooner or later, they would infiltrate to lay a hand on you and Igses. So keeping you in the capital city in the royal castle was like putting an LED light on the target while the shooter was still in the dark. Sending you and Igses to Oudad without much fanfare was to buy some time before I make arrangements to settle the issue once and for all."

Really?

I did not show it on my face but I'm actually quite surprised by the sudden realization. He really agreed to stay away from his son just so he could take off the focus from us?

I really don't want to believe it but one look into his sharp eyes; I can tell he was telling the truth.

Damien was right. Although this man is despicable, he still has scope to be taught.

But then again, something went off in my mind and I remember the scene which prevented me to forgive him completely.

"If you were so concerned about me and Igses, why did you use both of us as baits to reach Vizac? You know, that was one thing that I can never forget or forgive about."

Hearing my words, Jerk shook his head continuous and heaved heavily. He took a minute time before he answered.

"That was indeed my mistake and it was intentional, I accept it openly." He did not meet my eyes and looked down and rubbed his face with both his hands.

"That was my own intentional decision and I will not sugarcoat it and say that my actions had deeper and more profound meaning. At that time, even though I was much more powerful than Vizac and my father, It was a situation that I couldn't pull out all of their spies. I wanted to strike all at once and leave none of them behind. I was planning to make a big move but Vizac people already found out about you and Igses along with your location. I could've taken a safer way to eliminate them but that way would not eliminate them completely from roots. So I could only use their plot to get to you to my advantage and play it as if they got you first and I was going crazy to find you."