v. rain rain go away

Start from the beginning

the other line shuffled a bit before going silent. you glanced up at the streetlight above you, waiting his answer.

"mhmmm. this weekend yes. remind me tomorrow," he simply stated, slurring his words slightly.

"of course. good night, kuni. i love you."

"night."

and the call ended.

you groaned loudly, digging your face into the palms of your hands. he was treating this situation as if he was in high school: immaturely.

the streetlamp beamed on your hunched-over figure. the wooden bench didn't make for the coziest place to have a quiet fit of rage, but it would have to do.

a soft breeze blew through the night, cooling you frustrated body. clouds covered the usual starry-night, dimming the night more so than normal.

"he's def cheating on you."

your friends' words kept repeating in your head. were they right? was he actually cheating on you? did he not love you anymore?

you knew what you were getting into when wanting to date kunikuzushi. you knew he had a lot of personal issues going on, and you were willing to help him to the best of your abilities. even now, you wish you could be there with him to help him.

a raindrop fell on the top of your head. then another. then a few more.

in a few seconds, a light drizzle enveloped the park and yourself.

you didn't move. instead, you sighed and stayed in your hunch-backed position. the rain served as a warm comfort, contrasting with it's cold touch to your skin.

the rain continued at it's light drizzle. your clothes started to stick to your now-feverishly-cold skin, like tape on a piece of a paper. your hair flattened and stuck to your skin like glue.

footsteps wandered to your hunched figure, disguised by the rain. they stopped near you, confused at the random person hunched over in the rain.

it wasn't until they spoke up when you realized you were no longer alone.

"why are you in the cold rain?"

you shot your head up, startled at the voice. you made immediate eye contact with familiar teal eyes and apple-red hair. next to her was a familiar white-haired boy with scarlet eyes, staring confusedly at you.

"oh, y/n! why are you here? are you okay? wait, where's your umbrella? are you lost?" nilou pestered, rushing to your side while moving her umbrella to cover you as well. cyno followed in pursuit, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

you laughed at her worry, causing her to huff. "you can get sick! this isn't a laughing matter!" she scolded, slapping your arm.

you rolled your eyes, rubbing your cold arms. "i'm fine. i was just getting some air," you explained, shifting your gaze to cyno.

they both understood immediately. "oh, dear..." she trailed off, softening her eyes. "let us walk you back to your apartment. i'm sure layla is worried sick."

"we all know layla is dead asleep right now." nilou giggled at your joke, reaching a hand out to you. "c'mon, let's go back home."