{7}

[Diamond & Lauren above]

Diamonds POV
*alarm noises*

I groaned reluctantly and reached out on the small stand-by shelf for the alarm to shut off. I only opened one eye suddenly gasping at the time. 10:12!

Shit!!

Ik I'd be late to my own damn funeral if it depended on me.

I had missed Mr. Sommers presentation I knew I had to pay for it. We had an exam next week, and essentially, the material we needed was on the presentation. I jumped up from under the once warm blankets that hugged my body tight and sheets to meet the cold morning floor with my bare feet. I was met with a note on Makayla's stand next to her bed.

"Hey girl, I headed out to my Botany class this morning. I didn't know whether I should've woke u up or let u sleep in whenever u get this text me ASAP."
Love, Makayla

I signed and left the note on the stand, leaving to the bathroom quickly, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, squeezing it against the brush bristles, and searched in my drawer for something to wear. I rushed out my mouth throughly and swashed around some mouthwash, fteeing my hair from my hair curlers and brushing the tight curls out. I grabbed out a black jean skirt with a belt, a white collard top, and some black converses along with golden jewelry. I tossed an apple stroodle in the convertible toaster. Makayla brought in our dorm and took a quick shower. Grabbing my room keys, bag, and phone, I swiftly made it downstairs. I speedily swept through the hallway to find room 206.

"Mr. Sommers Personal Financial Security Class" attempting to not interrupt the quiet classroom & and watch Mr. Sommers write on the spacious board with his back against us. I hurried to my seat to see Lauren glance at me and Mr. Sommer look up at me. I took out my books and pencil to dismantle the awkwardness. "Slept in?" I heard a low mellow voice say. I looked to the side of me to see Lauren smiling at me lightly "yeah..." I replied beginning to write in my notebook. I suddenly felt a light rub to my thigh from Lauren "welcome back to planet earth, sleeping beauty" she whispered deeply with a subtle hoarse tone. I couldn't help but giggle at her antics

"And so class, there are many ways to maintain a secure credit score, pay your bills on time and balance ur savings and spendings" all you could hear was pencils meeting paper, erasers, and casually, gum chewing. I glanced at Lauren while she was writing shokcingly she didnt seem to notice my eyes taking in her features, which were clean, distinct, androgynous, and somewhat dark. Her nose had a long even bridge with a smoothed out tip decorated with a septum and her jawline was carefully creased displaying a clearly visible line. Her veiny hand gripped onto the black pen, and her robust bicep and forearm worked together in motion. I was down bad.

More than i would admit, but I wasn't shameful to say she was beautiful. It was easy to see for her to be the first girl I've pursued romantically. It was quiet between Lauren and I, which I didn't mind, but I was curious if everything was alright between us. That curiosity and question were in the back of my head. My mind had assured me again that it was ok and that she had no reason to be upset with me, and if she did, Lauren wasn't the type to let it go unsaid. I continued writing financial aid tips and saving advice in my book while watching Makayla out in the hallway talking to Kiara. "Wonder what that was about?" I started to think.

Makayla is bisexual...., is there something going on between her and Kiara? Maybe I was wrong. Their conversation could've been about anything but who am I to ponder on what it was about? I was better off minding my business

the soon abrupt bell rung and all you heard was books closing, bags being opened and closed, and people talking. Lauren and I walked out together "Hey Lauren I'm going to the park later on wanna come?" I asked her looking at her. "I would like to luv, however I got serious catching up to do in Statistics see you after?" I ooked in her eyes with a spew of disappointment "yes..." Ok princess I'll see you later" she kissed my forehead and left down the hollow hallway towards her locker. I inhaled slowly and breathed out. "See you..."

My feelings were paradoxical and I had enough of it, I wanted them sorted out. I was happy to see the progress in our relationship and interactions but she was busy far more than I wanted her to be, but I had to snap myself back into reality. This is college. And we had no met more than afew months ago, it'd be ridiculous of me to expect her to drop her education for me. I know I wouldn't if the shoe was on the other foot. I had to be patient, with myself. And her if I wanted this to go anywhere, I refuse to rush what we have going. School was going decent and Lauren is a decent girl, she's beautiful, smart, open minded, actually has substance to her personality and wants a life for herself.

I wasn't going to let my mind trick into self Sabotage.

I left upstairs to Makayla's dorm to grab afew things and unlocked the door with a sense of relief to be met with Makayla in the mirror fixing her hair. "Hey girl" she turned to face me and smiled "heyyyyyy" I dropped my bag plugged my charger in the wall grabbing a water bottle. "How was class today?" She asked while still applying Bobby pins in her thick corse fro. I fell on my cold neat sheets and exhaled deeply. "It was okay..." There was a minor pause after saying what I said, and Makayla didn't say anything but continued with her hair.

I sat up and looked at her. "Everything ok with Lauren? She's been distant towards me?" Makayla faced me one of her brows furrowed up "she's been drowning in Statistics work and practice attempting to juggle both, so her head isn't quite clear at the moment haven't seen her since last week that's how I know lol" she chuckled lightly. I closed my eyes "mm. Ok" Makayla stopped for a moment and sat next to me and signed "do u feel otherwise? I looked in her eyes searching for motive and intent before answering "somewhat." "I can understand that, ive been friends with Lauren for as long as I can remember, she hasnt dated anyone in awhile so when she took interest in you i was taken back, dont get me wrong, youre gorgeous she just always says "Makayla people dont have substance nowadays" Makayla people only want me for one thing" her mindset and approach towards dating is the reason why it was difficult for her to find a lover but she saw something in you, past the pretty brown skin and perfect smile, your aura was bomb!" She complimented smiling. We both laughed. "Thank you, Makayla," she nodded, "Ofc. My phone buzzed, and I opened it to see I got messages from Lexus. She had been out of town in L.A. for a week.

Ride or Die👯🏾‍♀️💕

L: Hey, bsf!
D: heyyy
L: hru
D: Good, and you?
L: Same! Me and Jamar are going out when I get back, which is this weekend. wanna plan a double date?

I had to think for a minute and get my head straight, I knew Lauren wouldn't be available, but I couldn't think of anyone else to go with nor did I want to tag along anyone else.

D: Let me think🤔, I don't have a date
L: What happened with you and that stud?😮😶
D: Nothing, she's been busy with work lately, so she's not available
L: ohh..ok, well, ttyl!
D: ok ttyl luv uu
L: luv u too

I enjoyed talking to Lexus, she's support I can always count on.

I grabbed what I needed and left giving Makayla back her spare keys. Carrying a crate in my hands my phone vibrated again before I could reach my room which was at the end of the hall, dropping the crate I unlocked the door and proceeded. inside. It was cozy but you could tell me and Lexus haven't been in it for awhile, I unloaded the crate and placed my things in the appropriate spots before opening my phone to see a text from an unexpected person.

"Kiara?"