Chapter Two

"It might be more of an obsession

You really make a strong impression...

...I'm not sentimental

But there's something about the way you look tonight."

The week before you left for Massachusetts...

"Stop being an idiot and just come out with us." Aera pleads, her expression shifting into a knowing look.

You were hesitant at first because Jimin wouldn't be coming along. There was something comforting when Jimin tags along with you and your friends, especially if the outing occurs at night

"I don't know, Aera. You know I don't normally go clubbing without Jimin." You say cautiously.

Aera rolls her eyes at you. "Don't overthink it. Instead, think of tonight as one last night out with all the girls. After tonight, a lot of us will be going our separate ways. Who knows when we'll see each other again." She explains as a remorseful sigh tags along the end of her sentence.

"We'll see each other next summer, dummy." You point out dryly.

Aera rolls her eyes at you. "Let's be real, if Paris treats me well, then I might just stay there for the summer." She counters with a huff before adding, "Besides, you can't just ditch me to handle Hana and Lena by myself. Those girls are a handful and you know it."

You offer a small laugh. "You're right. This will be the final girl's night until we see each other next summer."

A proud smile pulls across Aera's face before she grasps your arm in earnest. You giggle at her reaction as the two of you begin to get ready for the night.

The club was mildly packed. Considering it was a Friday night, you were fairly certain it was bound to only become more crowded as the evening progressed. Your small friend group, consisting of Aera, Hana, and Lena, the four of you make your way to the bar to grab some drinks first. Being a newly high school graduate whose birthday was before the last day of your senior year, you were excited to buy your first drink.

Reaching the bartender, you were about to say your order when the girl waved you off. "That guy at the end of the bar bought you a drink already." She says while sliding a glass cup towards you.

Your brows furrow together as you peer down the bar counter. You don't see anyone you know, nor do you see anyone acknowledging the fact that they bought you a drink.

"Um, I don't see anyone." You say warily to the bartender.

The woman follows your gaze before an expression of confusion and surprises coat her features. "Ah, guess he must've dipped." She remarks before adding, "If you're uncomfortable accepting the drink, I can make a new one."