Chapter 5 - I Want, I Have, I Need, I Love

Comenzar desde el principio

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

    When we arrived I walked in, I didn't see Eloise. Perhaps she hadn't arrived. I slowly went down the stair case scanning the room. I saw Gregory and Hyacinth with Benedict, Colin, and Penelope. What if she doesn't come? Or maybe that's what I needed.

On the main floor I made small conversation with the Bridgertons already there, I didn't ask about Eloise. My back faced the steps so I couldn't see who was coming or going.

    Mid sentence Benedict said, "Theres my sister." I silently prayed he was talking about Daphne but no, I turned around and Eloise came down the steps next to her mother. She lit the entire room. Her beauty blinded me and I all I wanted was her in that very moment. My skin crawled and screamed for her touch.

    Our eyes met and in that moment, no one else was in the room but us. In another world, she would come to me and ask me to dance. I would put a hand on her shoulder and the other in hers. She would put her hand around my waist and we would dance. But in this world, I had to pretend to not notice how beautiful she looked. She made her way towards us.

"This is already boring." She said to me. We hadn't talked in days and thats the first she says. Benedict stood beside her, "How many dances will do you in tonight sister?" She held a single finger up. Daniel stepped in front of Benedict, "May I do the honor of that single dance?" I could have killed him. She held up her wrist clearly annoyed, not by Dan but just being there. They went in and I glanced down, "Samantha." I said, Benedict threw a hand, "Don't worry, she is painting in the studio down the hall. I've got an eye on her Liz, go enjoy yourself." He smiled and I happily walked over towards Martin. "Lets dance." I said. He signed my card and we joined in.

After the first and only dance I did, Eloise slowly walked past me, "I am going up to the library, you should join me." To others, it looked as if she said nothing, but to me she said everything.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

A couple of minutes later I found myself walking down the hall into the library, I slightly pushed open the doors, it was gorgeous. She stood over in the back looking at a book. I walked in while looking up. I shut the door behind me and locked it without notice.

"It is extraordinary." I say, she looks at me when she answers, "Indeed it is." I walked over to her.

    I look at the book she is reading. Her gloves are off, "Have you read it?" She asks, I smell the flower scent on her skin, "No." I look down at her lips, they are soft.

    She looked up at me, "You look concerned." She almost laughed. I shook it off, "No, what I am concerned about it what happened in your room a couple of days ago?" She paused completely.
"Oh."
"Yes, oh." She looked at me. We stood inches apart. She contemplated what she was about to say, "Lizzy the truth is...I am in love with you. And I know that it sounds insane and illicit but I knew I could tell you."

My heart had stopped beating.

"Elizabeth you are what I think about night and day, before I wake up and the last thought in my mind before I sleep. I see you in people throughout the day. I want you more than anything and anyone in the entire universe and beyond. I want to touch you. I want feel you, I want your heart and your love. And every time you even glance at someone else, I have so much jealousy, I could explode. From the moment I saw you at the Palace, I needed you. I want to know everything about you. I want to know what its like to kiss you. I can't let a second of the day go by without wanting you. I love you Elizabeth."

I stood, frozen in time. The floor beneath me has almost given away.
"Lizzy? Please say something." We drifted closer to each other. Our faces hovering over one another's.
"Lizzy..." She whispered against my lips. "If you don't feel the same tell me because-"
"Eloise stop talking."

Our lips touched, softly. She put her hands on my back. My hands touched her side. We stopped and looked at each other and it was as if our eyes both said yes, this is all I want.

She pulled of my gloves and I immediately put my hands to her cheeks and pulled her in tightly, her hands moved down to my waist.

    Her lips kissed my neck. She pushed me back against the book case. Her lips on my chest then back up to my lips. She pressed tightly against me. I could feel everything.

    My hands curved around her neck. Her hand slithered down to under my thigh. I felt a moan escape my lips. I had wanted this moment for so so long, before I had even met her.

   I glanced at the clock on the wall, it was almost eleven o'clock. Mother would be looking for me.

"Eloise....we have to go." She stopped and looked at the time, "I suppose we do." I walked over to the door. My cheeks were so warm. Before I unlocked the door she came up behind me and grabbed my chin to kiss me once more. She smiled against them. I felt everything at once when her lips curved against mine

"I will see you tomorrow." She said and we walked out, innocently, as if nothing had happened.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

I laid in bed, touching my lips, I felt my heart speed up every time I imagined her body against mine. I smiled hard and laid on my side gazing out the windows. I saw the moon in the sky.

   I always thought the moon was the most beautiful thing I ever saw, but I have now changed my mind.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵