the shoulder touch

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐒

I was on my way to my first class, which i was dreading so much. I had my books in hand, until I realised i had the wrong one. I groaned and turned to go to my locker, but i crashed into someone. "Oh god - i-im sorry!" I spoke.

I looked up to see Miles Morales.

Hes the new...ish kid. Not many friends but I admire him, he seems cool and funny. "No- don't apologise, I should've been looking where i was going" he chuckled nervously, sweat basically pouring out his forehead like a waterfall.

"Are you okay, Miles?" I asked and his eyes widened a little. "Huh? Who - me? Yeah, i'm good..all cool!" He replied quickly. Yeah..he seemed more jittery and jumpy than usual. Normally he's happy, less awkward and...sweaty.

"Are you sure, i- um - oh!" I was cut off by him placing a hand on my shoulder. My mouth made a small 'o' shape as i looked at his eyes. Which were gorgeous by the way. "Hey" he spoke, flashing a grin at me. I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Hi..?" My response was almost like a question. He seemed satisfied when he got a laugh out of me.

"Miles you can uh...let go now" i said and he tried, the poor boy tried...but his hand just would not come off. I knew he was trying, I didn't know what was wrong with him or how it got stuck, but I knew he didn't do it purposely.

"I cant- I don't-" i bit my lip and shushed him. "Calm down, we won't be able to do it if you panic and get in a stressed state, okay?" He nodded and stayed still as I slowly ripped his hand off my shoulder. He winced and held his hand to his chest before smiling at me.

"T-thanks, i don't really know what's happening to me..." he confessed awkwardly. I laughed. "I can see that. Its not every day you get stuck to someone" i joked and he chuckled. "Hey uh..i was wondering, do you wanna hang out sometime?" He questioned, i blushed (if you have dark skin, you smile at him).

Nodding, I respond; "of course!" I answered. He seemed relieved. "Good uh, here, i'll give you my number and i'll text you the details!" We exchanged numbers before going our separate ways.

⋆ ★

Later that night, i got a message from someone.

???:
Y/n, its Miles:)
Don't be creeped out...
Im not a weirdo!

you changed his contact to 'Miles🧸'

you:
don't worry, I didn't think you were a weirdo😭

Miles🧸:
Good! Okay so i was thinking...
Movies, Friday at 8, you and me?

you:
its a date;)

Miles🧸:
REALLY?!
I mean...
Yeah, whatever, cool:)

You laughed at his response and liked the message before turning your phone off and heading to get ready for bed, excited for your first ever date. With Miles Morales.