BR #7: TILL SUNRISE

June 13, 2023

BRC #1 for:
TILL SUNRISE by ValerieEveDiestro

I would like to express my appreciation for the intriguing nature of the blurb, particularly the impact of the last line where Chester hears his deceased girlfriend's voice on the other end of the phone. The composition of the blurb is executed with skill, evoking a sense of sympathy for Chester with just a few words. This emotional connection carries through the main narrative, where it becomes evident that Chester has not moved on, or perhaps he is unwilling to do so as if his life and time have reached a standstill. However, when the girl who bears a resemblance to the voice of a young Celine answers the call, it becomes apparent that he is hopeful she could be Celine or that he subconsciously believes she is her.

In the scene where the girl invites Chester to meet up, I find it somewhat peculiar how she assumes that Chester would come to the coffee shop where she works. Given that they are strangers to each other, it is improbable that they are aware of each other's locations. What if they reside in different regions? The exchange of dialogue feels somewhat unnatural, as it raises questions about why a girl would suddenly ask a boy to meet as if it were the most natural course of action. Additionally, Chester's immediate agreement to meet feels somewhat contrived, seemingly for the purpose of advancing the romance or progressing the plot. I would suggest considering a scenario where Chester declines Celine's request several times but ultimately becomes persuaded to meet. Such a development would lend more coherence to the narrative. These were my thoughts as I read up until the halfway point of the story. However, upon reaching the end, it becomes clear that the inclusion of supernatural occurrences justifies the initial unrealistic scenes. Nevertheless, I would still recommend striving for greater naturalness in the scenes and dialogues. When the dialogue feels organic, it enhances the reader's immersion in the story, enabling them to experience a sense of eavesdropping on authentic conversations. This, in turn, adds an element of authenticity to the reading experience.

Furthermore, I appreciate the narrative technique employed in the main story, seamlessly incorporating Chester's memories with Celine. This approach offers readers a glimpse into their shared past, establishing a foundation and fostering a connection that elicits emotions toward their lost relationship, particularly in the countdown scene.

Finally, I would like to acknowledge the positive personality portrayed by Celine. Her character serves as a catalyst for Chester's personal growth and acceptance of her departure from the world, ultimately leading him to recognize that he deserves happiness.

Overall, the story exhibits promise and can benefit from refining certain aspects to enhance the overall reading experience. With further attention to natural dialogue and scene development, the narrative has the potential to fully immerse readers and create a lasting impact.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write a review for your book. I truly enjoyed reading it. Good job!

____