~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣: 𝙄 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝘼 𝙍𝙪𝙢𝙤𝙧... ~

Start from the beginning

"She's right. If we're gonna have an iota of a chance of getting out of this alive, we need access to the kugelblitz," Five nodded in agreement. "There's only four left. We can just overpower them!" Viktor pointed out. "And lose some of us in the process? Harlan is insignificant," Five shook his head at that impulsive idea. "You once told me that no one is insignificant!" Viktor reminded.

Five just shook his head and looked to the ground. Regardless of who was insignificant or not, they had to hold their end of the bargain. "They're going to kill him," Viktor tried to blink away the image of it. "So? We're talking about one person versus saving billions of lives. Is this really a debate for you people?" Lila spoke up. "Hey Little Britain, you don't get a vote!" Viktor snapped.

"Hey, Lila lives in this universe too. Besides, she's family now. Kinda, sorta," Klaus defended. "Thanks, Kitten," Lila slightly smiled. "I don't give a shit about the Sparrows, but I'm not gonna let scary-ass Grandpa finish you off," Diego squinted. "Five days ago, he was just a little kid. And what? Now I'm supposed to decide whether he lives or dies?" Silence filled the lobby, and everyone besides Viktor gave each other knowing looks. Astrid inhaled a soft breath before walking towards him.

"We can't save everyone, Viktor. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices that we don't want to make. You've always wanted to be a part of the team. This is what it is," The Shadow Girl spoke in a calm but firm tone. Number Seven looked down at the ground, silently wishing it didn't have to end this way. "I hate this," He muttered. "I know," Astrid nodded understandingly. Luther volunteered to go get Harlan, but as he was about to walk up the stairs, Viktor stopped him. "Let me do it. He trusts me, and I can convince him to come quietly," Viktor insisted.

With that final confirmation, Viktor walked to Harlan's room while the rest of the siblings scattered all over the lobby waiting.

~~~~~~~

Realizing that Allison hadn't said anything since the kugelwave blew through the hotel lobby, Astrid went up the stairs, hoping to find her and maybe try to calm her anxiety. Grieving her daughter while having to put an end to another earth-destroying event was bound to take a toll on her. The last thing she wanted was for her sister to suffer another severe psychotic episode. As she walked over to the pool tables, she saw Allison sitting on one, dropping the colored balls one by one into the pits.

"Hey..." Astrid said. "What do you want?" The Rumor spoke rather harshly. "I just can't help but worry about you," The blonde brushed a piece of her hair behind her. "Don't worry about me. I'm cool as a cucumber," Allison raspberried. Astrid could see the evident look of pain on her face, and as she sat next to her, the Shadow Girl placed a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Alli, I've grown up with you. I can tell when you're upset about something," Astrid spoke softly. Allison turned her head away, not wanting to bring up her problems. "Everything's ending. And maybe we'll fix it, maybe we won't. But if we do, a new timeline will be even worse for me," she finally spoke. All Astrid could do was listen to her talk. She wasn't a parent, but she could only imagine how lost Allison felt without the one motivation in her life. Allison was stranded in the darkness, and she needed someone to be the light guiding her out.

"Trid, I can't keep losing people. It's not fair..." Allison choked. "It's not Alli, and I'm so sorry. You don't deserve to go through this. Nobody does," Astrid stood from her seat and in front of Allison, taking the half-empty glass of alcohol from her hands and setting it to the side. "Come here," She held her arms out wide, and Allison looked up, taking her offer. The two sisters held each other, both wishing their lives weren't so hectic and full of constant running around.

Allison buried her face into Astrid's chest as tears slipped down her cheeks, soaking Astrid's shirt in a few places. "I love you, sis," Number Eight whispered. As Allison snuggled her head against her, she caught a glimpse of the dark red Sparrow jacket her sister was still wearing. The comforting feeling had now been replaced with inner rage. "No, you don't," Allison snarled, pushing Astrid away.

"What do you mean I don't love you? Of course I do, in the sister context!" Astrid looked shocked. "If you truly loved your family, you wouldn't be with Gravity Barbie," Allison looked in disbelief. The temptation to start a fight coursed through her, but Astrid did her best to remain calm. Of course, Allison still held resentment. "Why do you hate her so much? I don't understand!" Allison folded her arms over her chest, remaining silent as the look on her face told Astrid, "You know why I don't like her."

"Why? Because she's a Sparrow? Jesus Allison, can't you be more open-minded? She's not like Ben or the cube, or Fei!" Astrid snapped. Allison scoffed, and as Astrid started to walk off, The Rumor paced towards her. "You and I both know she doesn't love you! Once we end this, sorry if we put an end to this. She'll act like you don't even exist!" Allison spat.

Slowly, Astrid turned around, her eyes turning black and threatening. "You're just jealous that I finally found someone who makes me happy. At least I'm not the one who rumored Sloane to love me, unlike what you did to Patrick," Allison's eyes filled with more anger. But Astrid didn't care, she was tired of the judgment, especially from her own sister. "Go ahead! Call me a traitor, I don't care! It won't stop me from loving her!"

Allison's breathing became ragged and uneven, her hands clenching into fists as Astrid approached the stairs. "I heard a rumor you stayed..." Allison's voice echoed towards her, Astrid's eyes rolled into the back of her head, and she looked at The Rumor in complete shock. "Allison..." She blinked. "I am not going to let your selfish desires tear this family apart," Allison smirked.

"Don't you dare..." Astrid warned. But Allison opened her mouth again, speaking the sentence the Shadow Girl feared since her girlfriend was tortured.

"I heard a rumor... you broke up with Sloane,"