28. Who Can I Trust

Começar do início

My little girl sits on the couch in front of the TV and looks at her grandaddy just as curiously.

"Hi, sweetheart," my father says to her and then extends his large palm to her. "We have never been introduced before, but I'm your grandfather, Suge."

Sienna looks at his outstretched hand, then shakes it, but she furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she looks at me.

"Mommy, you've never told me I had a grandfather," she states innocently, and I feel slightly confused. My father has never met her before, why?

I look questiongly at him, but he just smiles serenely.

"It's cause I've been away for a pretty long time, sweetheart," he explains to Sienna. "But I'm here now, and I am not going nowhere. And I would really like it very much to be a part of your life, so what do you say?"

"I guess it's aight," Sienna replies with a slight attitude, sounding exactly like her daddy in this moment, Detroit accent coming out of her the way it often times does with Marshall at times. Me, I forever sound like a valley girl from LA, can't help it, I suppose.

After speaking to Sienna some more, my father then turns to me.

"So, Aisha, are you ready to go back home with me, Princess?" He asks me.

My heart literally drops at his words, but I force myself to nod.

"I'm glad to hear that, Princess," my father's voice is stern, but his eyes are somewhat soft as he looks at me. "Aisha, you need to understand that everything I've ever done in this life was to protect you. You DO realize that now, right?"

"Yes, daddy," I nod again like a zombie.

"Very good, sweetheart," my father then pats the top of my head like a small animal. "We leave tomorrow night then. But Aisha?" He looks sternly at me. "This has to be the last time you've ran back to that boy, you understand me? After tonight, you and him are done."

"Okay, daddy," I say and I start to sound like a robot now. I get another memory right at that moment, but it's very vague like. All I remember is saying something along those lines to him before, agreeing to not see Marshall again, and it feeling just as final at the time, crushing me exactly the same way as it does now.

God, it hurts so bad!!

I excuse myself and retreat to the bathroom where I force myself to wash my face and put on a fake smile.

By the time I go back, my father and Sienna are both watching some kids movie on the TV. I sit next to them and act like we are one big happy family.

Then, some more time later, in the middle of the night, I wake up, and it's like I'm having a nervous breakdown or something.

I can't stop the tears this time and my body shakes violently right next to Sienna's small frame.

There are like two twin beds in this room, and Sienna and I share one of them, while my father took the other one.

I can only hope that Sienna wouldn't wake up, but she does.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" She whispers innocently, but with concern in her voice.

"It's nothing, baby. Mommy was just having a bad dream is all," I mumble, hiding my face in the pillow.

I absolutely hate that I can't even control myself right now, but it's like my heart is literally breaking into a million pieces.

Next thing I know, Sienna slips out of the bed with me and goes to shake up my father who was already awake anyways..

"Grandpa, mommy is not feeling well. So, you need to call my dad. He would know what to do. He always knows how to cheer Mommy up."