Chapter 37: She always keeps her words.

After the ladies were back home, the kids were put to sleep immediately while the grownups all sat in the living room waiting for the men.

Most of them have changed into more comfortable clothes, expect Umma.

They all sat in silence while Asiya rubbed her back occasionally.

She suddenly sprung up and ran to the toilet, vomiting all the content she had eaten today.

All the girls followed behind her, while the Aunts stayed in the living room.

"Are you done?" Asiya asked handing her a cup of water.

"Mmm" she nodded before thanking her.

After she had tidied herself, she turned around looking at all their worried faces.
"Don't worry, I'm fine, its just stress"

They all nodded with small smiles playing on their lips, and they all walked back to the living room together.

"Are you alright?" Aunt Hajara asked as soon as they were out.

She nodded before sitting down close to her, Aunt Hajara studied her for a while contemplating to ask, it doesn't deem right because of the situation they were in.

"When last did you see your period?"

The question took everyone off guard especially her, she counted for a while before answering,
"Its 12 days late today"

"Do you ever miss it?" Aunt Neehal asked.

She shook her head "No"

They both smiled and looked at each other, but because they wanted to confirm they sent Inayah to get a bag Aunt Hajara always kept her strips in from her chamber.

After she came back with the bag Aunt Hajara gave her a pregnancy strip so she could run a test.

In the bathroom after she had done the necessary, she stared at the strip waiting to see the results her heart beating rapidly against her chest.

Two lines.

She was pregnant.

Her emotions were all over the place, she didn't know what to feel, Happy or Sad?

After spending almost thirty minutes in the bathroom, she finally decided to come out.

They all stared at her waiting for a response, she nodded.
"Positive"

Beautiful and Happy smile adorned their faces and for the first time in a few hours they smiled genuinely, they congratulated her, hugging and wishing her a safe delivery.

And they all sat back, even though it was a happy moment, continued to wallow in their thoughts.

They all stood up running to the corridor when they heard the cars, everybody's heart was in his throat, scared for what they would hear.

Aryaan came out of the car before he pulled Noorie out as well, he turned around to look at her, feeling some mixed feelings he knows he shouldn't be feeling.

"Ammi!"

She ran towards her mother wrapping her tiny arms around her, she picked her up feeling her throat getting cloaked up.

"My baby" she cried hugging her tight against her bosom, after hugging her for a few minutes she handed her over to Aunt Neehal whom was extending her hand to carry her.

"Where's Naja'atu?" Uncle Usman asked Aunt Mariya sending her a fierce glare.

She squirmed uncomfortably and scratched the back of her neck a little,
"S-shes taking a bath"