Pink - Page XXI

The sun was slowly setting, the sky was getting dark.

Six students were still lost in the middle of the woods, not knowing where to go. They couldn't even get back to any of the previous checkpoints, all of their hopes of winning had gone down the drain.

"This sucks...", Kou muttered, crouching down near one of the trees. Eyes squinting as he tried to read the map to figure out a way out.

"What, are you saying this is my fault?"

The light brown head glared at him, feeling offended.

"I didn't say that.", Kou subconsciously copied his tone, returning the scowl on Aya's face.

"You all chose to follow me!"

"I said I wasn't blaming you!"

The two boys were almost yelling at one another at this point. Their voices laced with annoyance.

Their little fight caused Futaba to panic, "This is no time to argue! We just have to get out of the forest.", she raised both her arms in an attempt to soothe the situation. Looking at the two back and forth.

Aya scoffed as he turned away from Kou

The three other bystanders simply watched their little fight took place silently.

Y/n soon stood up, walking over to Kou and grabbing the map out of his hand, "Let's just look at the map together for now, we'll figure out what to do from there. Don't hog it to yourself.", she gave the noirette boy an annoyed look as she said her last sentence.

To which, he simply shrugged.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

They all huddled around the piece of paper, which served as their only hope of finding a way out.

"The forest isn't that big, if we just keep walking we'll find a way out eventually...", Kou pointed at the map matter-of-factly.

Everyone agreed until, unexpectedly, Makita spoke up, "But... Will it really be okay to just walk around randomly? Don't you think It would be better to wait here until the teachers come find us?"