Chapter 20: A Shattered Heart

Comenzar desde el principio

"If you avoid the night, predicting what cursed spirits will do is easier. Why?" Megumi questioned again.

"My objective is to wipe out all players who have reincarnated. Most of them do it by suppressing the vessel's original owner, whether intentionally or subconsciously. And that's against God's law, so it's wrong." Angel replied.

"God?" I repeated the word, not getting what she meant.

"That's just a name I give to my beliefs..." Angel responded back. "Pay it no mind. So, I decided to live in symbiosis with Hana."

"Then, don't reveal stuff about me, okay?" Hana pouted at the Angel.

"Can your technique revert possessed players to their original state?" Megumi asked.

"It's not impossible, but it's extremely likely they will die because of the cursed object and body fuse. So, it's difficult to strip away one." Angel replied once again.

That's why Sukuna dies if Yuji dies...

"Is there someone you want to fix? Sorry, but I doubt I can help." Angel informed and I shook my head in response.

"No, we want you to remove a seal on the prison realm, a special-grade cursed object." I stated.

"Yeah, I can probably do that..." Angel confirmed, causing me to smile in happiness while Yuji and Megumi fist-bumped one another.

This is going well! Now we can bring back Gojo sensei too... But, then again, isn't this going too well...?

"First, I need your cooperation. Then I'll remove the seal." Angel spoke up again and Megumi furrowed his eyebrows in response.

"Surely, you don't want us to kill every incarnated player..." he stated, feeling doubtful about what Angel's intentions might be.

"I'm not that greedy..." Angel replied. "There's one I especially want to butcher... the disgraced one. I promise that if we kill that player, I won't hesitate to help you."

The disgraced one...? What's that...?

I began to wonder what Angel was talking about when suddenly I noticed, at my right side, Yuji was sitting there with a distressed look on his face, deep in thought, his head hanging down.

"Yuji, what's wrong?" I asked in concern, given how his mood changed from happy to bothered and this caused Yuji to snap out of his daze.

"What happened?" Megumi asked as well, noticing the change in Yuji's demeanor too.

"I uh... Don't feel well..." Yuji muttered in a low tone before getting up from his seat. "Kurusu, mind if I lie down on the sofa?"

"Go ahead." Hana replied and with that, they switched places.

"Your stomach hurts?" Takaba asked the pink-haired boy who sat down on the couch while Hana took Yuji's seat beside me.

"No..." Yuji trailed off, replying to Takaba's question before looking over at me and Megumi.

Then all of a sudden, from the couch, Yuji spread his arms wide open up in the air while maintaining eye contact with me and Megumi. He then started flapping his hands like a bird, then pointed at himself with his thumbs, and later pointed at some specific parts of his face before pushing his pink hair back with his hands. Takaba saw all those movements of Yuji, but didn't say a word and meanwhile, Hana simply sat there beside me, staring at me and Megumi with a calming expression.

At first, it confused the heck out of both me and Megumi. We looked at each other for a moment in confusion before glancing back at Yuji once again.

Flapping hands means someone flying... Yuji pointed at himself and then at some parts of his face, the same parts where those marks, eyes, and mouths appear whenever Sukuna takes over his body... and then he pushed his hair back like how Sukuna does it...