Chapter 20: A Shattered Heart

Start from the beginning

"I don't watch much news. Naive adults are just evil, you know." Takaba replied, causing Hana to give him a deadpan look.

"Maybe Kenjaku did it through the higher-ups so that it won't interfere with the Culling Game..." Megumi stated and got up from the bed. "For now, I gotta use the toilet and take a bath. Give me the details after I'm done."

Minutes later, Megumi came out of the shower, all clean and fresh, and took a seat beside me and Yuji at a small round table while Takaba and Hana sat on the couch not far away from us. Sitting in the middle with Megumi at my left and Yuji at my right, I began explaining the situation to my ravenette best friend of what happened after we defeated Reggie Star.

"So... Itadori came across Takaba fighting and you worked together to find me. Then you two spotted Kurusu carrying me and Nana, and now we are here..." Megumi trailed off, furrowing his eyebrows a bit. "Do you know what caution means?"

"Aw, well, you know..." the other three trailed off in unison with a guilty face and tone, thinking that maybe they messed things up.

"Sorry." Megumi then added, softening his expression and bowing his head a bit. "Thanks for helping us."

"Oh well, you know!!" they chuckled this time around, happy to help me and Megumi.

"Anyway, check this out, Fushiguro!" Yuji stated in an excited tone as he held up a Kogane in front of us. "Hakari senpai got 100 points! And that's not all! Okkotsu senpai snagged 190! Add in your points, Nana's, Takaba's, and Kurusu's... We have gotten 359!! We have met our quota!! Now we can help Tsumiki!!"

"Yes. And now all that's left is to figure out how many points are needed to leave the game." I chimed in, smiling as well.

"No, wait. Can we use your points?" Megumi asked as he looked over at Hana and Takaba.

"Sure! No problem! Due to Itadori's rule change, I can survive without killing. Much appreciated! So use them however you want!" Takaba replied and Megumi's face softened a bit once again.

"I don't really have any use for them either." Hana added with a shrug.

"I have more questions for you, Kurusu." Megumi stated in a serious tone. "We are looking for a player called the Angel. We heard they were in Tokyo Colony No.2... So are you the Angel? Why did you help me and Nana? And why are you in Tokyo Colony No.1?"

And just as we were expecting an answer from the short-haired girl, a mouth grew on her left cheek and started speaking up, like how Sukuna always spoke up from inside Yuji's body.

"Yes, I'm the Angel." The mouth stated in a feminine tone. "You shouldn't ask girls so many questions."

"Oh? She's like me!" Yuji simply noted, unfazed while Megumi, Takaba, and I stared at Hana in shock.

"To answer your question, the reason Hana saved you is because you previously-" The mouth called "Angel" was about to say something more, but Hana immediately slapped a hand on her cheek, shutting up Angel to speak any further.

"W-Why not help a guy who has collapsed and a poor girl who's carrying the unconscious boy in the alleyway?" Hana stuttered out in a panicked tone, a small blush appearing on her cheeks.

"What a kind soul!" Yuji and Takaba let out an awe in admiration while I gave her a confused yet doubtful look.

This girl is clearly hiding something from us...

"You must know my cursed technique if you were looking for me..." Angel spoke up again. "I negate cursed techniques. Barrier techniques, including seals, are no exception, so we can go in and out of barriers. There are more clear spirits than players in Tokyo Colony No.2. Maybe it's because of the sea. That's why I came here."