She swore she could remember having ticks and fleas in her wings. To make things worst, the lady and her sons weren't that kind too, they were - inhuman.

They wouldn't waste a penny to feed her, but when they will, they'll feed her a potato. Still raw and covered in dirt, probably with maggots in them.

Her sons were the worst. When the angel reach the age of adolescence, they were nothing but brutish and perverted. Stealing her clothes so she could sleep naked, then punishing her by splashing water on her so she could sleep cold.

"What's the news today, bird girl?" The lady - what [Y/N] like to call her as she couldn't remember her name - asked, sipping her tea. "..the mayor lowered the price of the meat.." "Good, well, not that we can't afford it anyways." She said smugly as she applied another thick coat of blush on cheeks.

"Good morning boys." "Morning mother." Her sons made their way down the stairs. One son, with big ears which was something the angel remembered he had, smacked her bottom as he passed by.

The girl hissed at the stinging pain but ignored it because if she did, that meant she'll be sleeping in the farm with the pigs.

The other son, with crooked teeth only sneered at her. As the winged girl finished making breakfast, she carried the tray and carefully walked to the table where the family sat.

When she successfully placed the tray on the table and turned around, the son with crooked teeth tripped her. She crashed on the ground, knees and palms scraping against the wooden floor.

The sons snickered mischievously as their mother only ignored the girl, making a comment about her clumsiness. She only glanced at the family, tears threatening to fall. The angel stood up and ran away from the room, not wanting to stay there anymore.

A few months later, [Y/N] went in her 'room' to find The lady pushing two children onto the cold, cement floor. "From now on this is your room. You will follow my orders or I will abandon you and sacrifice you to the Gods!" She hissed at the poor children.

Turning to the angel, her lips pursed. "Ah, you're here, bird girl. You'll be rooming with these brats, three slaves died yesterday, I had to replace them. Now move - it smells utterly disgusting here!" She bumps into the girl, brushing her shoulder in disgust.

She left the room not forgetting to harshly close the metal doors, emitting a large 'bang'  that startled the children.
One of the little boy was sobbing,  covering his face. He was shaking and scared.

The other, was comforting his brother and his eyes landed on [Y/N]. He recoiled in fear, as he stuttered. "D-don't cone any closer!" He yells, clearly afraid.

"Your brother, he's bleeding. Let me help." Said the girl, her eyebrows narrowing worrying. "N-no! Go away! We don't trust you!" His brother, who seemed to quiet down spoke: "Emil, s-she's an angel!" He hiccuped.

Emil, his brother glanced at the wings the girl had. "You're an angel..?" He says cautiously. "Yes." She smiles, trying to appear more trustworthy. "F-father said that angels are nice. We should trust her.."

The little boy debated on whether or not to trust the angel. He glares at her. "F-fine. I-if you hurt my brother I'll- hurt you!" He threatened despite his weak and frail size.

The angel sat down, and ripped a piece of her shirt, wrapping it around the wound of the little boy. "You are so young to be here...what are your names..?" The little boy, who she was taking care of seemed to be more trusting, answered.

"M-my name is Archi. My brother is Emil." He smile shyly at the girl, and she did so in return. "My name is [Y/N] it is nice to meet you two." "Are you really an angel?" Archi said with bright eyes, replacing his teary ones earlier.