1.2 Final Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Then, may I ask you a question."

"Go on, ask away."

"....Where you sent by the sun deity?"

"The what."

"I guess not."

"Ok, what would make you think that-"

"The fact that you 'coincidently' stumbled onto our yard, then waking up just in the nick of time to save Uta and our child from a demon.... Then so happened to be saved by me on my journey back. I don't think that's a coincidence."

Kyoko really wanted to crack open Yoriichi's mind to figure out what he's trying to piece together. 

"How does that make me someone who's sent by-"

"Because I've never encountered such luck Kyoko."

Understanding finally washed over her. "I mean, it's possible that my luck is just worse than yours y'know?"

Yoriichi visibly frowned and stood up, heading towards the exit. With one hand on the door he turned around. "I guess we need you to stay so your luck will cancel mine out."

"COUGH-DID YOU JUST-"

*Clack*

The door closed on Kyoko as she sat flabbergasted at what he said. "WAIT-"

DID THE MR. FACIAL PARALYSIS GUY JUST TELL ME A CRAPPY DARK HUMOR JOKE?

_________________________________________________________

"Kyoko!"

"Hai!"

It's been more than a year since the accident and Kyoko was integrated with community around the Tsugikuni family. Ever since Yoriichi found out about the Demon Slayer corporations through constant hints dropped by Kyoko, he swore to slay demons in order to create a safer world for his son. Since then, the series was back on track, with Yoriichi creating sun-breathing and quickly rising up the ranks.

Once Kyoko finally finished harvesting the rest of the plants on the rice fields, she trekked through the water toward a smiling Uta on the water's bank and a boy playfully splashing water.

"Oneesan! Play with me!" 

"Masayori, let Kyoko rest. Here, have a fresh pear Kyoko! Yoriichi got some for us! Speaking of which, he said he'll be back tomorrow in the morning. Knowing him, he'll be back by the afternoon!"

Uta laughed as her son pouted. "Masayori, don't tell me you miss your chichi already?"

Caught red handed, he huffed and turned away, ears dyed with red as he ran toward with his hands reaching out to Kyoko. "Haha is making fun of me again oneesan! I want upsies!"

The boy squealed with glee as he was tossed in the air by Kyoko. After a few minutes, the three went home, with Masayori humming as he grabbed both their hands. He suddenly stopped and turned to face them, wide-eyed. "I want to give chichi a gift! But I don't know what to give..."

"Have you tried giving something that comes from your heart?" Yoriichi would love anything that comes from you child. Do you know how much times he flaunted the fact you gave him a smile last time he came back? A SMILE! NOT EVEN A HUG!

"You say that all the time!" He pouted. "I need something he likes!"

"....Maybe something that can remind him of you? Like.... a... ummmm.... a matching pendent or something that he can wear?"

"Onee-san, your ideas suck. Haha, do you know what chichi would like?"

"Your chichi likes anything you make as long as it's filled with love."