Chapter 15: I kick the Kneecaps off 2 animal smugglers

A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates on this story, My mom has restricted my screen time and even worse, given me homework on SUMMER BREAK 😭😭😭🥲 

I hope that making this chapter longer will pay for my sins of not updating in the past few weeks, enjoy!

Chapter  fifteen: I kick the kneecaps off two animal smugglers

Y/N POV: After that, I must have fallen into a trance like the mortals *cough* excuse my grammer—human beings were in when Ares entered the store because when I opened my eyes again, he was gone. I might've thought the conversation had been a dream, but dreaming inside of a dream—that isn't very likely thing to happen.

"Not good," Grover interrupted my thoughts. Annabeth added on to his concern. "Ares sought you out, Percy. This is not good." Said boy stared out the window, where the motorcycle had disappeared.

"It's probably some kind of trick," He said, ignoring Annabeth's advice. "Forget Ares. Let's just go."

"We can't," Annabeth said, see Percy? "Look, I hate Ares as much as anybody, but you don't ignore the gods unless you want serious bad fortune. He wasn't kidding about turning you into a rodent."

"Why does he need us?"

"Maybe it's a problem that requires brains," Annabeth said. "Ares has strength. That's all he has. Even strength has to bow to wisdom sometimes."

"But this water park ... he acted almost scared. What would make a war god run away like that?" I reasoned, but knew full well the answer.

Annabeth and I locked eyes and shared a mutual nervous look. Me because I didn't want to make my clothes wet and her because I don't know.

The blonde crypticly said, "I'm afraid we'll have to find out."

—————
The sun was sinking behind the mountains by the time we found the water park. Judging from the sign, it once had been called WATERLAND, but now some of the letters were smashed out, so it read WAT R  A D

The main gate was padlocked and topped with barbed wire. Inside, huge dry waterslides and tubes and pipes curled everywhere, leading to empty pools. Old tickets and advertisements fluttered around the asphalt. With night coming on, the place looked sad and creepy, like a hellhound or other dangerous monsters were lurking in the shadows—waiting for the perfect time to strike.

"If Ares brings his girlfriend here for a date," Percy said, staring up at the barbed wire. "I'd hate to see what she looks like." Just your major love goddess, nothing too too shocking.

"Percy," Annabeth warned. "Be more respectful."

"Why? I thought you hated Ares."

"He's still a god Percy," I added. "And It won't help you if you keep being rude because his girlfriend is very temperamental." I would hate to see the main lead (was he the main lead anymore?) Get blasted into pink dust because Aphrodite felt a little offended.

"You don't want to insult her looks," Grover warned.

"Who is she? Echidna?" Oh, just your major love and beauty goddess.

"No, Aphrodite," Grover said, a little dreamily. "Goddess of love."

"I thought she was married to somebody," Percy said. "Hephaestus."

"What's your point?" The Goat boy asked.

"Oh." I guess Percy failed 'How to change the subject when your conversation gets  embarrassing' school because he just did a 180 around the discussion. But I can't really blame him, when is he not getting expelled from school?