His Voice

Second one-shot:

His Voice

Synopsis: Modern AU
Marco's family decide to meet at a bar-restaurant, where Marco goes to often. But, this time, there's someone new working at the bar, who manages to steal Marco's heart.

Marco - 32 y.o
Ace - 25 y.o
Sabo - 22 y.o
Luffy - 15 y.o
I changed their ages... Yep 👍🏻

Word count: 10881-ish

Enjoy reading! ^^

×××

"Marco! My favorite brother-in-law, how are you?!"
"Stop screaming and I'll be okay, Thatch."
On the phone, talked a middle aged blond man, looking and sounding annoyed as fuck. Although Thatch didn't mind it much, as he was used to it, Marco did sound rude. Kinda.

"Hahaha, hilarious as always, eh? Anyways, stop moping around, blondie! You comin' with us today?" Sighing, Marco massaged his temples and tried to shoo his annoyance away.

"Yes, yes, I'm going. Do you think that Izo would let me be at rest?" Thatch let out another laugh and said he will be looking forward to it. Marco was looking forward to it as well, if he's being honest. He loves his family, even if they are a bunch of loud, nosy brats. Although there are still a few sane ones left, the insane ones are driving them insane too.

For example they finally drove oyaji insane and he joined them. Oyaji.. Their father. The man that holds them together every time. Keeps them under his wings. And he somehow still wants more children.

Don't get Marco wrong now, he loves having brothers and sisters, but... uh... he just hopes this doesn't go out of hand. And no, he's not talking about having birth brothers and/or sisters, all of them are adopted by one man and looked after by only him, including Marco too.

Edward Newgate. He is a very known businessman, so powerful and rich too. In fact, he is the most successful businessman in the world. He owns more than a whole kingdom's treasure. And all he wants in life is.. a family. A loving family that'll be by his side, that'll fill the blanks in his life and heart.

And he made sure to get a family like that. He started adopting different children from different states. He gave them a place to call home, a man to call dad, and people to call family.

Shaking his head, Marco got up and left his office in his own house and went downstairs. He had bought a house that's closer to his workplace, but... he hates it.

It is simply his house. Not his home. He doesn't hear his brothers and sisters playing, running around and laughing, being just themselves. He doesn't hear their father scolding Thatch and Haruta for the pranks they do. He doesn't hear how Izou runs around in the house after little ones to dress them up. He doesn't hear the older ones scold and then say they love the little ones. He doesn't hear his family. So this is no home. Just a house.
...
Okay, now isn't the time to be like this Marco, you still have to go with the others. Quickly standing up, he went in bathroom and washed his face. Then he changed into casual but fancy clothes and put on his shoes to leave. Before he was able to open the door and leave he heard a high pitched 'where?' and went back in the living room, cursing himself for forgetting someone so important.

"Sorry, Phoenix. I won't be home for a few hours, maybe a day. I can trust you with the house, right?" He asked the blue colored bird in front of him. Marco has had this bird for almost 3 years now, and they are best friends. For real. The bird knows Marco's full schedule and how he feels almost anytime, even with Marco's lack of facial expressions. His name is Phoenix and he just resembles a phoenix fully. A blue Phoenix!