"Maa, she was very polite and pretty. I am sure she is best for our Rudransh..." Sirat said, her voice laced with enthusiasm.

Rudransh huffed audibly, making his presence known to them. Payal's eyes lit up with hope as she turned to him. "Rudra, your bua has brought a new proposal for your marriage..."

"Dadi, Bua, please let's focus on Ridhima's marriage for now. I've made myself clear. I have no intention of getting married anytime soon," Rudransh asserted firmly, though his tone bordered on harshness. He had no desire to marry at all.

"But beta, you have to get settled eventually. Why not give it a try?" Payal persisted, attempting to change his mind.

"That time is not anywhere close, and you shouldn't bother about such trivial matters," Rudransh replied politely, but with resolve.

"If your parents have left the responsibility of getting you married, that doesn't mean we will also abandon the idea of marrying you off," Damodar Singh Chauhan interjected, his stern voice cutting through the conversation as he entered the garden with his secretary in tow.

Damodar Singh Chauhan, Rudransh's grandfather, not only passed down wisdom and intelligence through inheritance, but also wielded power to his eldest grandson. Rudransh couldn't help but feel a surge of defiance. This man was a strong pillar behind Chauhan Corporations, but he tended to forget that Rudransh had inherited everything tenfold from him, whether it was the astute business acumen or the feisty attitude.

"Dadu, Maa, and Dad have not abandoned anything. They have simply made peace with my choices, and I respect that. It would be better if you all dropped the plan. I love you all dearly, but my priorities are different at this time, and I have no desire to entertain thoughts of marriage," Rudransh asserted, excusing himself as he turned away, his grandfather's words echoing in his head.

"Do you have someone in your life?" Damodar's question halted Rudransh in his tracks. "Because if you do, let us know. We will be more than happy to accept your valid choices, not these absurd ones."

"There is no one in my life," Rudransh replied curtly, before swiftly exiting the area and retreating to his room. Rushing to his closet and scanning his wardrobe, his eyes fell upon a drawer, and almost instinctively, his hands found her earring lying within.

As his fingers grazed the rough surface of the stone embedded in the metal exterior, memories of happier times flashed before his eyes. He walked to the balcony, where the rays of the setting sun painted the sky in an amber hue. Sitting on the swing, his back silently resting, he began to speak.

"It's been seven years, Dhaya. Seven damn years... where are you? I don't know if I'm angry with you for leaving me or if I'm just too broken to think of anything but love for you. You left me with your memories—what am I supposed to do? Your memories are the ones that kept me alive, and yet they're the ones that aren't letting me live either. My family urges me to get married, but how can I? When all I think of is you, all I long for is you, all I love is you. I can't even look at anyone who isn't you. I wish I could turn back time, hold you tight in my arms, and never let you go." His whispers filled the room as his thumb grazed the earring in his hand.

"I'm sorry, my love, but please come back to me. I swear I'll never let you go again." Tears trailed down his face as he tried to blink them away.

"Bhai! Tai ji asked you to come downstairs," Ruhi's voice brought him back to reality.

"I'll be there in five minutes," he replied, swallowing the lump in his throat and trying to sound as confident as ever.

"Rudransh, come take a look at these," Chaya said as she displayed the selected pieces of jewellery when Rudransh descended the stairs to the living room. "Looks pretty, Mom. Who are they for?" He walked behind her to sit beside his mother.

"I selected them for Ridhima." Chaya's excitement was evident in her words as her eyes wandered over his tired face.

"What happened, Rudra?" She gently cupped his face, making him lean into her touch. "Nothing." He hugged his mother, nestling his face as if to hide himself from the world.

"Everything will be alright, my son." She rubbed his back, caressing his dense black hair. "I hope it does," his muffled voice pierced his mother's heart.

"Chaya, I packed all your dresses, but where did you keep my black suit?" As the words rang through the room, Rudransh pulled back, finding his father walking in, scrolling through his phone. "What happened to both of you?" Samrat arched a brow at the mother-son duo sitting silently on the sofa.

"Nothing happened to us, but why do you need the black suit?" Chaya packed the jewellery boxes and turned to face her husband. "For the cocktail." Samrat arched a brow at his wife while Rudransh scoffed at his father's reply.

"The cocktail party is for the kids, Samrat. What will you do there?" Amusement reflected in her voice as she reasoned with her husband.

"We will have some associates invited there as well, and don't forget, Biwi, your husband is too young to not attend the cocktails. I suggest these kids shouldn't be allowed there." Samrat sat beside his wife, turning to face her while cupping her hand in his.

"Obviously, Mom, why are you ruining his plans? You know last Saturday, Dad and Chachu even went to a bar." Rudransh scoffed, sinking deeper into the sofa.

"What?" Chaya's shocked reaction took Samrat aback, who tried to cover up, "We went there for the purpose of work. We needed to know the competitors' chains, as Chauhan Corporations are soon going to inaugurate clubs too."

"Of course, your inspection included drunk dancing too?" Rudransh stood up to face his father, who was now shooting daggers at his son.

"Samrat, have a bit of shame!" Chaya gasped, pulling her husband's ears. "Ouch! Chaya, it's hurting. Your son should have some shame; he's filling your ears against his own father, your dear husband." Samrat whined, still eyeing Rudransh, who chuckled walking out of the room. "No wonder Abhir is dramatic; he inherited it from you for real."

"Rudra, come taste this kaju curry," Vidhi said as she walked over to him, followed by a housekeeper carrying a bowl on a tray. "I'll have it at dinner time, Chachi," Rudransh tried to resist, but she managed to put a spoonful of the dish in his mouth. "I know, but it's your favourite. Check the salt and spice."

"It's yummy, Chachi. Thank you for cooking it for me," he said with a generous smile, which she reciprocated by caressing his cheek. "I'll get going now. You all leave by tomorrow morning. Rohan will accompany you, and I'll join you by the day after tomorrow."

"Don't miss any of the functions; your dadu will not spare you," she warned before leaving, to which he nodded in assurance.

The next morning, the Chauhan family flew to Udaipur for the wedding functions that were set to commence a day later. Meanwhile, Rudransh and Rishi joined everyone the following day.

⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ~~~~⋆🌿✦🌺✦🌿⋆~~~~ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧⋆ 

So how are you finding the edited chapters so far?

Have a good day!
happy reading!