01. Back To School

Ebi dodged the ball that was heading towards her, propelled by one of her teammates. Everyone was anxious to see the impact, but Ebi was quick enough not to give them the joy of having wounded her. However, the next 28 shots were not going to miss and they started firing one after another. She covered herself with her arms, waiting for the impact, and so it was, with nothing else to do the shots followed making her body destabilize with each hit.

-Deformed!" one of her teammates exclaimed.

Ebi moved forward several times to avoid hitting the wall, but blinded by the blows she did not know where to direct her body.

One of her companions pushed her forward as if offering her up before them. She fell to her knees.

Her teammates were beginning to surround her, she knew she couldn't help it and covered her head. She humbled herself before her companions giving them superiority, and it was the only thing she could do because it was only her who was on stage. She hugged herself seeking comfort, but it wasn't enough, so she leaned her head back wishing to disappear and put her hands on her head as they trembled with fear. It was so much fear that she began to sob and cry.

"Damn it! Crying again, Ebi?!" she called out to herself, that voice in her head.

-She's crying again," one of them announced when he heard her.

Ebi was angry. She wanted to end this and stop hearing their laughter all around her. She covered her ears to make the pain go away, but listening to her "inner self" only reminded her of how trapped she was, both physically and mentally. She became prey to her companions and herself, to her soul that was used to whine and torment herself in silence every night without giving a single sign to others of her sadness through a window that no one dared to look at: her eyes. Those eyes that said everything and at the same time nothing.

Ebi prayed to God during her agony, but to no avail. She was still there, suffering. At that moment she felt even more stupid, for having resorted to such a thing.

One of her companions took her lemon water that was on one of the stands and quickly removed the lid to sprinkle it on her. The others laughed.

He groaned with a little yelp, but didn't move and continued to press his hands against his head. It felt as if the impending drop of her sour life had been thrown directly at her. He didn't just feel the burning in his eyes, he felt more than that. Reality, her reality, the one that was screaming at her what she was: an outcast.

-Dean!" shouted the excited crowd.

For a moment the laughter died down. Ebi wanted to die at that moment, she knew that the leader had arrived, the cause of all this.

She clenched her hands to her head tighter, as her breathing slowly returned from hearing his name.

The door of the gymnasium closed with a powerful noise that softened the troop without having given an order.

This time all that could be heard were Ebi's sobs. She, knowing that Dean was upset that they were ruining his entrance like that, tried to keep quiet. He stood in front of her waiting for her to look him straight in the eye, and with all the fear Ebi had, she did.

-What did I do? - she said, her voice cracking with sadness. The group began to murmur, trying to ridicule Ebi for her question. She didn't really do anything. She looked at one of the cameras praying that someone knew what was going on, but they didn't seem to be on.

-Did I tell you could talk?- Dean threatened.

Hello 😊

Thank you for reading me, I hope the story entertains you. If you like what you read please vote and comment (including critiques) so you encourage me to continue :D

I stress that I'm not a professional, and I still have yet to learn about literature but I hope you like my novel and it will surprise you, just as it did me, while I was laying my bed and the idea came wildly. Give me a chance, please.

-Denn