"I know. I know, honey. I'm just calling to make sure you're ready for your flight tomorrow."

Flight. Yes for my dad's birthday. I have my ticket and everything ready.

"Yes, Mama. I have everything ready."

"Passport?"

I smile, "Yes."

"You got everything packed?"

"Yes."

Before she could ask if I had anything else I hear my name being called from the bedroom, "Ivy?"

"Honey, who is that?" I hear my Mama from the other line.

I debate on whether I should lie. I didn't tell any of my family me and Carter were official. Hell my parents don't even know of Carter, that is if abuela haven't told them.

"That's Carter." I hold my breath waiting for any possible reaction.

I hear her laugh and confusion hits, "You know, I as wondering when you were gonna tell me."

That wasn't the reaction I was anticipating.

I slightly sink deeper into the warm bath water, "Abuela told you?"

She chuckles, "Yeah, when she ran into y'all at a restaurant."

I gasp, "That was like three months. You knew for that long?! Mama!"

She laughs. Again. "I'm sorry, honey, I wanted you tell me on your own time at your own pace."

I smile and my heart warms at her thoughtfulness, "Does dad know?"

I hear a scoff, "Absolutely not. I wasn't gonna break the news to that man that his baby girl was now in relationship."

I roll my eyes at her exaggeration, "That man is your husband, and I am twenty three years old. Not a baby."

"I'm not the one you should be telling that to, but don't tell him that either. It would give him a heart attack. You'll always be his little girl and you know how overdramatic your dad is."

"I do." I nod even though she can't see me.

One time I had twisted my ankle when I was playing soccer, when I was little, and my dad cried genuine tears before just mimicking me because I was crying as he tried so hard not to laugh, but failed miserably.

He was so unserious after he realized it wasn't life threatening, but he told me he didn't want me to feel alone, which was sweet, but he ruined the moment by then telling me it was also an excuse to laugh freely.

That wasn't dramatic just his bad timing and odd talent of not being able to read the room. I love him for it anyway.

"Invite him." My mom pulls me out of thought with the suggestion.

"What?"

"Invite Carter for tomorrow." She repeats.

My eyes widen at the horrible idea itself, "What? Why? That's literally the worse gift I could give dad."

She chuckles, "We would love to meet him, and I'm sure your dad will be supportive. A little surprise but supportive."

I sigh debating it my head. Carter stands at the bathroom doorway stealing my attention. He ridden himself of the button up he was wearing this morning leaving him bare chested, his shoes were discarded, and the slacks he's wearing were unbuttoned with the zipper down. He was also holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I'll see about it. Bye Mama. Love you." I rush.

"I love you too, honey." I hang up as soon as she finishes speaking and letting my music play again.