chapter 7: garden walk

Luigi woke up with the young prince still fast asleep in his lap. He gently moved him as he got up to change into regular clothes and get ready for the day. He chose a forest green button up and some brown cargo pants. He brushed his hair, teeth, and mustache. Once he decided he looked presentable, he walked out of the bathroom back into his room where Junior was fast asleep. He checked the clock that he found high above the doorway, and even though he had to squint to see that high up, he saw it was 10:56. He decided to wake up Junior, hoping he won't put up much of a fight. He walked over and gently shook Junior awake. Junior sleepily turned away, not wanting to wake up. Luigi decided to try something that he knew would wake the prince up. "Junior, if you wake up I'll make you waffles." Luigi said with a grin. Junior sat up tiredly and looked over at Luigi. "Promise?" he asked. "Promise." Luigi said smiling. "Now get ready while I cook." Junior happily got up and went to get ready for the day. Luigi walked to the kitchen, and began to take out ingredients to make waffles.

By the time Luigi had made two waffles, Junior walked in now freshened up. Behind him walked Bowser, who was looking at Luigi with curiosity. "Hello Bowser! Would you like some food?" Luigi asked with a smile. Bowser's heart fluttered when he saw those two beautiful sapphires looking at him. "I..uh...s-sure." Bowser said. "Bowser, do you have a fever? You're all red!" Luigi asked with concern in his voice. Bowser mentally cursed himself for blushing at the green Mario, but replied casually "No, I'm fine." "Well if you say so." Luigi replied, somewhat believing him but deciding not to pressure him about it. "Anyways, would you like more food Junior?" Luigi asked. "No thank you mama. I'm going to go to my room." Junior said as he jumped down from the stool he was sitting at. Luigi was surprised that Junior called him "mama" but pushed it to the side as he finished making breakfast for him and Bowser. It took 10 minutes before he finished breakfast, but he was happy that he could eat. As him and Bowser were eating, Bowser decided to ask him about last night. "Luigi, why was Junior with you last night." "Well he walked into my room a nervous wreck, and said he was scared of the storm. I invited him to lay with me while I sang a lullaby to calm him down and help him relax." Luigi said. "Ok. Well then why did he call you "mama"? He never called Peach that when she was here." "Well, I'm more than likely a mother figure to him. The reason is because I cooked for him and calmed him, and I am on good terms with you and his siblings. However, for whatever reason, Peach was more than likely not." Luigi said with a shrug as if it were common sense. As he finished speaking, the kitchen door opened revealing Wendy and Larry. "Mr, would you like to walk around the garden with me and Lemmy?" Wendy asked. Luigi smiled warmly at her, then nodded. "Of course. Just give me a minute to wash my dish." Luigi said as he stood up. He went and rinsed his dish, then went and left with Wendy and Lemmy. The garden was filled with every color of the rainbow, and in the center was a ripe Peach tree. Luigi couldn't help but gasp at the beautiful sight. "This is the Peach tree dad planted for Peach." Wendy said. "S-She d-didn't like i-it." Lemmy mumbled. "Oh yea I forgot to tell you but Lemmy is shy." Wendy said. "Oh that's no problem! I myself was shy growing up." Luigi said, smiling at Lemmy. "And I don't know how Peach doesn't like this tree! I'd love to have a tree planted for me." Luigi said with stars in his eyes. "Papa said the same thing!" Lemmy said. "All these flowers were planted based on our hair color." Wendy explained. The three spent the rest of the walk around the garden in silence, occasionally stopping to look at some particularly unique flowers s. Once they were done, the three went back to their rooms. Once he got back to his room, Luigi was given food and then fell asleep for a well deserved nap.
_________________________________________

After Luigi left to go on a walk Bowser went to his office. When he arrived, there was a letter on his desk. He went over and opened it, reading it aloud.

"Dear Bowser, I would like to humbly accept your engagement. I will be at your castle in a months time, however, if Luigi is hurt in any way, then the engagement will be off and I will have more than enough reason to start a war.

Sincerely, Princess Peach Toadstool."

Bowser was shocked she accepted, but happy none the less. I mean, he wanted Peach, right?
He shook the doubts out of his head, going to start making the preparations for the princess's arrival.