Melvin got up after typing something on his phone, "I have to head out now, thanks for the lunch mom, and see you tomorrow y/n."

Even Marie looked confused, "Oh okay drive safe." Marie gave Melvin a hug.

Y/n waved to Melvin, he did the same before turning around and walking out the door. "Was it just me or does it seem like Melvin scurried out of here?" Marie said.

"It wasn't just you." Y/n agreed...

Melvin

I had to leave early to go meet with Jenn, I haven't had time to spend with her recently since I've been busy with everything else, but today she had asked to collaborate on a art piece. Jennifer Scott is a popular artist right now, and I was really inspired by her art style so I had reached out to her and we've become friends, she's the one who Y/n thought was my girlfriend.

Jennifer is a really pretty woman, but I'm not sure I want a relationship yet, especially because I'm nowhere near over Y/n. She was there yesterday at my gallery walk, but she didn't get a chance to talk to me because I left so early, but I see her today so that's fine.

I knock on the door of her art studio and apartment, and soon the door opens, "Hey Melvin."

She's wearing a cropped white tank top with black ripped shorts and her blond hair is tied up into a messy bun, "Hey." I step in and she closes the door behind me.

I observe my surroundings, her studio is amazing windows everywhere, brick and white plan walls and of course a bunch of paintings. "This place is amazing."

She smiles, her smiley piercing making its appearance, "Thank you, what kind of painting were you thinking of today?"

"I was thinking it could be a mirrored painting, like two people back to back when the paintings are put side to side with the same expression because they're mirroring each other's emotions." I was thinking of making a painting like this for awhile but I figured it would be better for it to be a collab.

She put her hand on my shoulder, "I like the way you think."

I moved over the stools getting her hand off my shoulder, "Thanks, let's get started I have a few sketches."

She pulled the stool next to mines taking a look at the sketches, "These are awesome, I'll draw the women you draw the man?"

I nod, and we begin sketching.

We sketched and painted for about three hours before we decided to wrap it up, "We got a lot done." I look at the canvases proud.

"Yea we did, we can get more done if you want?" She stared at me with something more behind her eyes.

I don't know if  I miss interpreted but to my understanding she's trying to flirt, "I think it's best for me to head home now, getting hungry you know?" I tried my best to turn her down without coming off rude.

"We could order take-out." She smiled, "Come on Melvin have a little fun, we're friends right?"

My mouth suddenly went dry, I can't make a stupid decision, but I know how to control myself and it's just dinner nothing serious right?