Chapter 35: Appendicitis

Start from the beginning

"You okay?" Sebastian nodded.

"We're gonna time you for 20-30 minutes so the spray can wear off to regain your gag reflex. Okay?" Sebastian nodded again. He gave him the bowl. He looked at her.

"If he vomits, page the nurse immediately because he has a high risk of choking." She nodded, taking the pager. Sebastian curled up in a ball, holding the bowl, close to his chest, sleeping. Sean held Emily, waking her up. She looked at Sebastian.

"Is he okay?" She asked. Sean held her tightly.

"We don't know Emmi." Mark told her. She nodded. Sebastian woke up slightly, starting to cough.

" Emmi?" Mark looked at her.

"What?"

"You wanna go get some food?" He asked, trying to get her mind off of the situation. She nodded, getting off of Sean's lap going over to Mark.

Mark looked at Sean. "We'll go to the Mickey D's down the road okay?" Sean nodded, giving Mark money, seeing Mark didn't have his wallet on him. Emily kissed her hand and put it on Sebastian's forehead and left with Mark.

Sean looked at [Y/N] and mouthed the words "You okay?" to her. She nodded. The nurse came in the room with some dry food for Sebastian to eat and more water. Sebastian sat up.

"I'm gonna leave these here. Eat these when you feel like you can hold them down okay?" Sebastian nodded, laying back down.

"We're almost done analyzing his biopsies." She smiled, walking back to her post. Sebastian threw up again, curling up in a ball, crying.

"Aww! It's okay honey. You'll be okay." She held the bowl for him. She pulled the blanket over him, seeing his body was shaking.

"Go back to sleep honey. We won't leave you, we promise." She looked at Sean. The doctor came back into the room with papers.

"So after taking the scope, I didn't see anything abnormal in his esophagus or in his stomach. His esophagus was kind of red from the stomach acids moving up his esophagus and out of his mouth. I do think he needs his appendix taken out. At this point it's rupturing and we need to extract it before the danger sets in of it exploding in his body, which happens a lot to other patients. So he needs his appendix taken out which of course means he needs to be operated on in order to extract his appendix. The vomiting aspect of the situation is just the effect of the appendix rupturing. The sooner we get him into surgery, the better he will feel." He told them. They looked at each other, hesitant but nodded. Sebastian sat up, crying.

"Mommaa~" He whined. The doctor look at him.

"Sebastian?" Sebastian looked at him.

"We're gonna give you some medicine to make you throw up okay?" Sebastian whined, but nodded. The nurse came in with an eyedropper, filled with Ipecac. Sebastian opened his mouth as the nurse dripped the medicine in the back of his throat and told him not to swallow, letting it seep down his throat.Sebastian squeezed his eyes shut as he felt his stomach turn. She took the eyedropper out and quickly gave him the bowl. Sebastian threw up quite fast, coughing up most of the medicine. Seeing his reflex had returned and the spray had worn off. He tried to stop, but he couldn't. An involuntary action which most humans hated to do. Sebastian panted trying to regain himself, but every time he tried, he's throw up more. Sean rubbed his back as she held the bowl. Sebastian's eyes made a stream of tears emerge. His nose ran and his hands shook. [Y/N] gave him tissues. He kept going, not being able to stop himself. After 2-3 minutes, he sunk back in the bed, having little to no energy left. He pulled the blanket over himself, trying to stop his body from shaking. The doctor came in with male nurses this time. He looked in the bowl, emptying it.