"That's a good thing, now you and Rue just have to stay cordial. Do you both think you can do that?" He looks between the two of us.

"Yeah, that's possible." I mumble. I didn't plan on speaking this period. I don't want her to find anything to say to or about me.

"Sorry Angel I can't hear you?" She disclosed placing her hand to her ear and cupping it.

Kaleb walked in and looked as shocked as we did. He sat in the front row where it's usually empty and sat his backpack next to him.

"I'm not doing this with you Shuri, I can't be around her Simon she's too immature." I stand up gathering my things.

"Some people invoke certain reactions in others. You happen to bring out my inner child."

"Well you can be childish alone, I'm gone." My voice cracks as I go to sit with Kaleb.

It was a mistake telling her I didn't care if she came back. I do care, the only way to deal with her when she's like this is to play her games with her, and I don't want to but for my mental state, I will.

"I saved you a seat." Kaleb moves his bag.

"I figured, thank you." I finally relax for the first time since walking into this classroom.

"Why is she in here?" He asks.

"I don't know, I think she's back for good. I mean I have the power to put an end to it but I won't." I know how much she enjoyed her time over here last term. As much as I dislike her at the moment, I know her time here helped her with a lot.

"Why not, send her back home." He chuckles.

"It's mean." I say simply.

"Okay, but she's been nothing but an ass since she got here. You can't keep tip-toeing around her just so you won't piss her off. That's not fun." He preached.

"I know, I'll just play this stupid game with her. Then maybe she'll back off once she sees I can be just as much of a bitch as she is."

♾️

"She's so adorable, I'm going to take her back to my dorm." I say to Iris. She moved here to Infinity a few weeks ago. Her boyfriend just started touring overseas and the baby is too much for her to handle at home on her own so she's staying here until he's back and settled.

"Take her, I won't even chase you out of here." She throws her hands up playfully.

"How's mom life been treating you in the new setting?" I sit on the couch with the baby, Armonii, in my arms.

"I really like it here Rue, it's so peaceful. And Monii loves taking walks, it's what helps her sleep most nights."

"That's good, now move here." I say urgently.

"Ah man, I wish but you know Shawn's label is in New York City so that's where we have to be" She sighs.

"Yeah, It's too bad I would've loved for you both to be here." I continue to play with Monii.

"Do you even plan on staying here once you finish school?"

Come to think of it I've never really thought about it. I graduate school next year with no definite plans. I know I want to go to veterinary school obviously but I'm not sure where. I always looked at Cornell but when my family wanted me to stay here I never gave a second glance at the early enrollment acceptance letter.

"I don't know, I guess I'll play it by ear this year." I shrug.

"Well if you want to come back to New York just know our doors will always be open. Just don't bring Simon." She laughs.